AWESOME Bud Light Clone!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a recipe for a great bud light clone somewhere.

Maybe I left it in my briefcase with my flux capacitor plans and Wonka fizzy lifting drink recipe.

Man....I had a whole big slam for BMC drinkers all prepped up....I was going to go on about why you'd waste your time making something you can get for a few bucks at 7-11
Shame on you for getting me all rilled up.

IB4TL!!

Usually the trolls give up or get banned in the first 10 - this one has done well to wait until 18 before giving us this one - and in the HBT troll history, this one ranks fairly low.

Where's Yooper with the Banhammer?

I'm waiting... I'm guessing post #11....

... for the first person to say "I've got a great clone recipe! piss in a carboy! huh, huh, ain't I clever!"

Roar.

Your noobishness shows thru on this one. It's actually quite difficult to completely and accurately replicate Bud or other BMC beers.

Do a little research, brotha. Take a look at Pale Lager on the Wiki.
There is a full section on how to clone BMC. If you can pull it off, please let us know.

Franzi said:
Shame on you for looking here!!!

:cross:
gtfo.gif

LOL - I don't think he was knocking the difficulty of replicating a hard-to-homebrew beer, rather than making a harmless little joke on the tendency of people to "hate" or "strongly dislike" a very commercial beer style, then look in on a cloned version.

That is funny - I got burned too. :mug:

Mebbe it's not a true n00b, but an ALT playing the troll card...

*Looks around suspiciously at his fellow posters* :D

I actually wish you HAD succesfully done it (Not that I would drink or make it...yechhhh) but for when we get someone on here looking for a recipe to try doing it themselves....

I'm getting tired of making the same "The closest bud gets to hops is when the delivery truck passes by a lhbs" joke.....:D

I think I found a recipe for it [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI"]here.[/ame]

I actually have gotten the light american lager down fairly well now with the one problem being that I always add to much hops, for some reason I just can't help it, I like hops.

3lbs of 2 row
3lbs of 6 row
3lbs of gelatinized rice or minute rice.

Mash in at 1.25 quarts per pound at 152 degrees and let sit for 2 hours.

Boil for 60 minutes with an ounce of whatever type of noble hops you can get your hands on these days.

Chill and pitch lager yeast at proper temperature (i prefer the wlp 802 so 50 degrees)

Also crush up 5 Beano tablets and add to primary fermentation.

When you transfer to secondary to lager crush up and add additional beano tablets.

This beer comes out so light it isn't even worth joking about...

For a minute my head almost exploded. My gray matter couldn't put "AWESOME" and "Bud Light" together.

I actually have a lighter ale that goes over great with the piss water drinkers. When we have a party in need of a case of BL I brew this:

American Light Ale
Mash: 148
OG: 1.055
FG: 1.012
ABV: 5.7%
IBU: 10
Loviblond: 3
7.00 lb American two-row
4.00 lb Flaked Corn
0.5 oz Simcoe @ 12% 25 minutes
Yeast: Nottingham

Problem is, when we don't have a party, it sits FOREVER. It's really not a good beer by my standards and I prefer not to drink it.

Seriously, can we just get a sticky called "The BMC Punching Bag" so I can know to avoid it? If I see another lame BMC piss joke my head is gonna kasplode. We get it. You don't like american light lager. Wow, good for you. Instead of making lame-o cracks about it, how about you just don't drink it, and STFU for good measure?

Oh, and as for this thread...here's what I think.

NWernBrewer said:
LOL - I don't think he was knocking the difficulty of replicating a hard-to-homebrew beer, rather than making a harmless little joke on the tendency of people to "hate" or "strongly dislike" a very commercial beer style, then look in on a cloned version.

That is funny - I got burned too. :mug:

WOW, come in to work the next morning to find over 400 views and a bunch of angry people.

As NWernBrewer says above, it WAS just a joke. I've read a ton of all of your guys' posts, thanked you for your invaluable tips and advice, and got the impression that we were a lighthearted group of enthusiasts.

I'm not a troll in any way, shape, or form. Nor am I mocking the complexity of cloning a light lager. If having only 18 posts (or however many) makes me a newb/noob/nub, then so be it.

Man...one harmless joke and all the tightwad high-and-mighties get their panties in a bunch. Go ahead and ban me if that would make you all feel better.

Franzi said:
WOW, come in to work the next morning to find over 400 views and a bunch of angry people.

As NWernBrewer says above, it WAS just a joke. I've read a ton of all of your guys' posts, thanked you for your invaluable tips and advice, and got the impression that we were a lighthearted group of enthusiasts.

I'm not a troll in any way, shape, or form. Nor am I mocking the complexity of cloning a light lager. If having only 18 posts (or however many) makes me a newb/noob/nub, then so be it.

Man...one harmless joke and all the tightwad high-and-mighties get their panties in a bunch. Go ahead and ban me if that would make you all feel better.

I don't think the problem is that it's a joke. In my experience, homebrewers have great senses of humour.

The problem is that it's the oldest, lamest joke in beerdom. Everyone on here has probably heard it about a million times.

The ironic thing (to me) is that cloning a macro-brew like Bud Light is actually quite appealing from a technical perspective, as it's my understanding that these beers are quite difficult to accurately reproduce (remember that the brewing giants have invested millions if not billions of dollars in process control to ensure that their beers taste the way they do). So at somepoint I would actually like to attempt to clone a macrobrew. Not sure what I would do with it once it was completed, however.

Trapped by the snare... And just when I was all ready to flame the crap out of you!

Great gag. Nobody's gonna ban you, they're just mad because they got had while looking for an "AWESOME Bud Light Clone!!!"

:mug:

Franzi said:

I don't think you should be banned, I just think it's important that everyone get schooled in how overused and played out the whole "BMC suxxorz" meme actually is. It's how people display their snobbishness around these parts, and believe me, if you'd been around long enough, you'd realize how retarded it looks when you get several dozen people making BMC=piss jokes, all of them lame-o, all of them done before. :p

I think it's more on the lines of this -

Like it or not, your post was trolling. A good troll might get a few laughs or whatever, but the execution was lacking, and it ended up looking like a way to post whore yourself and get a postcount bump. The joke just wasn't all that funny, so we did the internet equivalent of throwing tomatoes at you as if you were the comedian on stage.

However - playing the "HA HA I GOT YOU" joke is just lame and something many of us got over around age 11 or so. Come up with a better troll and watch as people get drug in thinking it's real THEN you come back and slam them.

You really need to read up on forum trolling basics and how to do it properly.

jezter6 said:
However - playing the "HA HA I GOT YOU" joke is just lame and something many of us got over around age 11 or so.

This coming from a guy who's brewed a total of a 12 pack in 5 years?!?

Back