Set of Four 5 Gallon Pin Lock Cornelius Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$20.00 per keg is a good price. With shipping it will be a little higher, but unless it's crazy high shipping costs, the price is still good.

As a comparison, AHS has reconditioned pin locks for $39.99, NB has 4 reconditioned kegs (granted they are ball lock) for $159.99 and kegconnection.com has a pin lock for $29.99.

I picked up a set of 4 single handle ball lock kegs from their store for $80 last week. This isn't a bad deal if your setup for pinlock but ball locks are more common.

These are not reconditioned, might hold pressure but most likely will need at least a few new gaskets and cleaning (3 had soda still in them). I bought 100 packs of gaskets for about $8 shipped at mcmaster.

Thanks for the comparison Ace, from that it does look like a decent deal. Fortunately, they are (somewhat) local for me so no shipping involved ; )

LOL - I'm not setup for anything yet, starting from scratch here... (nor do I know the difference from pin and ball locks), but was under the impression the ball locks were better? So it's not uncommon for them to sell used kegs and if the ball locks are the way to go, I should keep and eye out for them? Thanks for noting too that they are not reconditioned... Something else to keep in mind when comparing. Did you find your kegs on their website or just happen to be at the right place at the right time? Thanks again!

Check Craigslist for local sales too. I post "Wanted" ads all the time and get great response.

For exampe, after posting a wanted ad, I scored a 10# aluminum CO2 bottle for $30, three single-handle ball lock kegs, 24 16 oz EZ-Cap bottles, and 12 1 liter swing top bottles for $70. I also scored 6 near new ball lock kegs from a beverage supplier for $12 each. Last but not least, two clean sanke kegs for $50.

Craigslist is the place to source your stuff cheap.

There is a place in cincy that seems to have good prices. I'm not sure what their shipping is: www.cornykeg.com They have 4 used for $64 but you can also get cleaned and refurbished for a little more.

Bought 4 of these 1 1/2 years ago and they where not bad. They took lots of cleaning, new rubber and poppets. They have been working well since.
So I ordered 4 more and this batch was garbage. Yes they hold pressure, (they must have had 50 + psi when I received them) but 3 of the 4 lids had been opened many times with a hammer and where dented. The lip of one of the kegs was damaged and the seal wont hold under low pressure. I am going to try to macgyver the lip and see if the lid will seal under 10 psi? If not I will need to send them back but that means I eat $40.00 in shipping ($20.00 each way)
I would not recommend buying these kegs!!
Matt

Back