I've invented the giant Apfelwein popsicle!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdwj

Reaction score
I had to take the Apfelwein keg out of the fridge for the Super bowl - mostly beer guys. I accidentally left it outside overnight in -5 temps. Frozen SOLID this morning!

Hope it thaws out ok, I still have a decent amount left in there.

...and yes, I know I'm an idiot

the stuff that didn't freeze is alcohol, probably twice the strength as the wine. You just distilled Apfelwein brandy!

mike

MLynchLtd said:
the stuff that didn't freeze is alcohol, probably twice the strength as the wine. You just distilled Apfelwein brandy!

mike

It appears to be frozen solid

rdwj,

I know how you feel....

I left Iowa to come to Chicago for the Superbowl on Friday. To my surprise, my wife told my MIL that she dialed the thermostat down to 57'F for the weekend. :mad:

It doesn't sound too bad how ever I had my Apfelwein nearing the end of its fermentation.

Last week the thermostat was at a constant 68'F and my basement was 53-57'F. With the thermostat now at 57, its probably a chilly 43 - 47'F.

If it doen't stall it out, it will be very smooth. It will be 4 days at lager temps. (I'm still in Chi-Town. )

So when I turn up the thermometer would this be my diacetal (sp?) rest? :D

Once in college, I came home from partying to find one of my floormates completely ripped, trying to microwave a frozen beer. It was closed at the time.

Lucily, no one died.

Now that I think about it, I have 4 kegs in the garage and I left the garage door cracked open last night (for the smokers). Any chance that my kegs will burst from the frozen liquid inside?

Back