Next step on equipment question. Keggle or MLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Espi

Reaction score
I recently purchased this brew pot as an upgrade to my aluminum pot that came with my turkey fryer set up a year ago.

I have a keg kicking it around waiting to do some thing with...

I have been using my new pot as a boil kettle but am thinking of converting the keg to a boil kettle and maybe getting a false bottom for the polar ware.. or maybe the opposite.

Here is a section of video that shows the new pot and my set up I did for family back home that wanted to kinda see my brew process.

watch

Any opinions on what to do with what I have as the next step?

At this point I just have a single burner but am shopping around.

Just trying to head the correct way and get some input from some more experienced brewers.

Thank everyone.

Scott

my first keg became a bk. second became a hlt. finally, this weekend, i'm getting a false bottom for my mlt to convert my third keg. i have everything cut and ready, just need the fb, and a friend has it for me already :D . so in answer to your question, i'd convert the keg to a boiler, and make the brew pot a hot liquor tank

Back