American Wheat Fermentation question....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohill1981

Reaction score
We'll i put my Muntons extract American Wheat into the primary back on the 18th of december i think it has been in for about 12 days... and i cant believe i still see the occasional bubble in my airlock say every two or three minutes. My first batch which was an Amber Ale, airlock activity ended after three days completely... I also did not hit my FG in the first batch either. I was hoping since i have seen so much activity in my Wheat beer that maybe i might get my first batch closer to where the FG should be. I was just curious from others who have brewed wheat beers..do they have a pretty active fermentation compared to say an Amber Ale in my situation.

Primary: American Wheat ( Muntons )
Secondary: Air.
Bottle: Muntons Amber Ale
Drinking: Amber Ale Taste testing 1 week in bottle.

Up Next: Fat Tire Clone!

My wheats usually blow off big time, and slow after 3 days. However, I've had a couple that bubbled steadily for 2 weeks. I'd leave it for 3 weeks, and take a gravity reading...my wheats taste the best after 3 weeks in the primary. Clean tasting, but still has a good amount of yeast for that Hefe-like nose.

Awesome will do ! glad to hear that they are very active... Makes a Amateur feel like he is doing something right.

Primary: American Wheat ( Muntons )
Secondary: Air.
Bottle: Muntons Amber Ale
Drinking: Amber Ale Taste testing 1 week in bottle.

Up Next: Fat Tire Clone!

Back