I have to bug bomb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hagbardceline

Reaction score
which sucks. has anyone done this before? should i remove all brewing equipment for the apartment before i do this you think? or will the normal cleaning sanitizing regimen be good enough?

I wrap up my eating utensils and dishware when I have done that in the past so I would suggest doing at least the same for your brewware.

:tank:

I dont know how bad your bug problem is but you can try using suspend SC. Its FDA approved for food preparing environments. Stuff works great. You mix some with water in a garden sprayer and lay down a border. The only bugs you will see for a few months are dead ones. This way yoiu are not getting pesticide on EVERYTHING you own.
You can get it here.
epestsolutions: Suspend SC Contact Insecticide
These guys are soooo helpful too, if you have any questions just shoot them an email.

I am glad you chimed in. I may use that stuff for the fruit flies that I am gathering.

Also...That's literally the best smiley in the entire friggin' known universe!!!

:tank:

unfortunutly i have bird mites from a pigeon nest in the window. i have hundreds of bites on my body :(

i have to use some nasty stuff to get rid of these ****ers

unfortunutly i have bird mites from a pigeon nest in the window. i have hundreds of bites on my body :(

i have to use some nasty stuff to get rid of these ****ers

Suspend SC kills bed bugs which is a pretty hardy mite. I am sure it would work well for bird mites. I've read people have had success Gentrol as well. Have you tried putting one of those mite repllers for bird cages near the infestation. It will probably move them but it may be worth a shot.

Here is the manual for suspend.
http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/SPEC/LABELS/suspendsc.pdf

Im telling you man. 1.5oz per gallon of water and nothing survives. Seriously, ask the guys at epestsolutions and they will hook you up with exactly what you need. They have helped me out many many times. They'll even identify the bugs for you.

Back