Brutus 10 Rebuild (Lots of Pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any chance we could get the measurements? I am in the process of gathering and drawing designs for a Brutus build of my own and this has become my new favorite!

Thanks,

JM

I am literally in the infant stages of this, so anything about the basic dimensions would be great.

What size and type of steel did you use?

I am planning to use the same burners (BG12) and wondered how you hard plumbed them? Any special orifice required or did you just pipe it into the elbow?

Thanks again,

JM

I am literally in the infant stages of this, so anything about the basic dimensions would be great.

What size and type of steel did you use?

I am planning to use the same burners (BG12) and wondered how you hard plumbed them? Any special orifice required or did you just pipe it into the elbow?

Thanks again,

JM

Ill get all that info for you this upcoming Sunday and post back. I keep my brewstand at the local homebrew shop I work at part time but I dont have another shift until Sunday. More than happy to help out a fellow brewer/brutus builder.

Ill get all that info for you this upcoming Sunday and post back. I keep my brewstand at the local homebrew shop I work at part time but I dont have another shift until Sunday. More than happy to help out a fellow brewer/brutus builder.

Thanks! I appreciate it...

I have those same burners for my build. I haven't actually started building yet...just collecting everything to do so. So I have a couple questions: How far away from the kettles did you mount the burners and about how long does it take for them to bring your wort to a boil?

I have those same burners for my build. I haven't actually started building yet...just collecting everything to do so. So I have a couple questions: How far away from the kettles did you mount the burners and about how long does it take for them to bring your wort to a boil?

They are about 6-7 inches from the bottom of the kettles. I've only done one batch on it so far and I didnt take notes on how long it took to come to a boil. That said I didnt notice it being any longer or particularly shorter than any other batch Ive done. Next time I brew (this saturday) Ill try and remember to time it.

Sooo. What ever happened to those keggles after you went high-end? Sure hope there not laying around feeling neglected. That would be terrible.

Rock Chalk

Chris

Wow! Amazing build! I am starting to purchase all the products to build a copy-cat of this system...any last minute advice to a novice builder? I have my bro-in law helping me...he is the handy one, I am the rookie who can't cut anything straight. Any modifications you would have done differently now? I have purchased BRUTUS 10 plans, but I think your model is actually better!

Great Job!

There really isnt anything that I would change about the design of the system. My only advice is to really take your time and measure anything and everything 3 times. This will save you countless time returning the wrong size pipes, nipples, and buying more wire. Good luck with your build!

psyphinx,

The build is sick, Ive got a much less elegant set up but I would definitely like to steal some ideas from you.

How did you connect the temperature probe to the front of the control panel?
What were the green things behind the switches? Heat sinks?

It looks like the whole panel runs 115Vac is that so?

Thanks
An envious brewer

psyphinx,

The build is sick, Ive got a much less elegant set up but I would definitely like to steal some ideas from you.

How did you connect the temperature probe to the front of the control panel?
What were the green things behind the switches? Heat sinks?

It looks like the whole panel runs 115Vac is that so?

Thanks
An envious brewer

Bump

image-335606297.jpg

Finally got the control panel labeled

Back