michigan predators brewday V?? 08-22-09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
While drinking at the last brewday I opened my mouth about maybe hosting the next one. I have been informed that the next one needs to be soon. lol

So I will be hosing a brew day at my house in Jenison on 8/22/09.
I will get started at around 8 am but feel free to come at anytime after that. Thinking I will do up a 35 gallon batch of BM's Cent. Blonde for this day.
I have hot and cold running water in the garage. so bring your gear and grains and lets brew.

Oh and the local brew shop is a 15 minute drive just in case you forget something <caugh, caugh Eric, caugh>..

What would you all like for lunch?

The grilled feline sounds exquisite.

no1likesme, your a wuss whether you attend or not. :D

I will be stopping by (11ish), but not sure if I will be able to brew or not.

well this should be fun.. I lost all my notes (never put it into beersmith either) as to what my strike temps need to be to hit my rest temp on my 1bbl system.. Crap, I guess I'll just shoot from the hip and see how she goes.
:drunk:

I will actually be in Jenison doing a brake job sometime during the day on the 22nd. I'll probably venture by and say Hi at least. Not sure I'll have enough time to brew, maybe I'll throw together another batch of "TwentyOV" if I have time, we'll see.

Thanks for the invite. :)

One of these days soon, I will have the ability to participate in brew days. With my recent score of equipment, I won't have to do split boils on the kitchen stove any longer -- it's kinda hard to transport the stove. I am trying my new gear out this weekend and will also try the Aussie method of "brew in a bag" where you mash your grains in a giant sewn up sheer curtain -- hot liquor, mash and brew all the in same kettle. It could be a real good method for brew days.

Have a great one!

Don't get mad at me for saying this, just an observation, but being just under the debate forum every time I glance down to see the latest in the debate forum the word "Predators" catches my eye and I think, well you know, something else. :cross: Kind of funny IMO but I am sure meaningless if it were to appear elsewhere. Again, don't be upset just something I found funny and wanted to share with you guys. ;)

:mug:

Well it was a small group but still a good time.

I was the only one to brew until about 2:30 when my buddy Tim showed up with mash tun in hand.

Here is the grain used today.
MVC-847F.JPG

And when it was all said and done.. 50 gallons ready to become beer.
MVC-848F.JPG

Thanks for hosting, Troy, I had a good time.:mug:

As usual, it was just the Predators...;)

I need to double check with Z, but 9-26 seems good at this point.

Thanks for hosting Troy. Maybe one of these days more HBT'ers will make it out to a brew day.

I wanted to come, but already had tickets to Ludington Beer Festival and had entered my homebrew. I took 3rd place!! There were 15 entries, and 4 winners and I was the only winner to show up.

It would be nice to see someone else's process and equipment.

well you could mark your calender for 9/26 and tell the woman to bring her but along to too and come down to perry for a brew at henryhills place. i doubt that fsr402 will brew but there should be a few of us running then. his 1bbl system is a ***** to haul around.

well you could mark your calender for 9/26 and tell the woman to bring her but along to too and come down to perry for a brew at henryhills place. i doubt that fsr402 will brew but there should be a few of us running then. his 1bbl system is a ***** to haul around.

Is that the date? I'll check my calendar. I doubt she will want to come. Watching me brew is not a good time for her. She doesn't really drink, especially beer. But you never know.

mine doesn't either but she still comes with. HH and xiangs wife do drink but not beer either. the dates not firm yet hh needed to check his calender to be sure.

Back