vodka in airlock?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems like a really tight idea!
Inspires me to do either my upcoming stout with some JW black label in the lock (YUM!) or do a seperate kölsch/pilsner with jägermeister. Surely this will be an odd experiment, but why not? :D

The vodka picks up the flavor of the wort as it is fermenting. When it comes time to rack or bottle, drink it, it is very interesting.
Hmmm, almost makes me wish I didn't use cheap Azz vodka (Military Special) for my airlock. Next batch I'll try some Grey Goose or Stoli's....

Yeah, guess you're right, I've just never had any problems, even when I do get suckback. I use better bottles so it happens pretty often while moving them. Guess I'll stop pressing my luck and grab a handle of the cheap stuff at the next frat party.

Couple bucks for some cheap stuff, or $30+ for ingredients on a ruined batch, no matter how slight the chance. The math is pretty clear to me :mug:

A couple of bucks for the cheap stuff, or zero bucks for the extra StarSan I have laying around after I sanitize everything. If you don't fear the foam, I don't see why one should fear a tenth of an ounce getting sucked back into 5 gallons of beer.

Military special! Yesssssssss. Ha. Planing on getting some for this very reason

Latest posts

Back