Ok i made root beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalpysko

Reaction score
Why didnt it carbonate i put co2 at 20psi for about a day why hasnt it carbonated and i didnt put yeast i figured the co2 would do the trick

might want to check me on this, but i think soda gets more like thirty psi. also i don't think a day is nearly long enough. for beer its usually around a week or two.

Just sitting it takes like 2 weeks to get fully carbed. Also as rycov suggested 30 PSI is closer to where soda should be (depending on temperature). If you want to carb it faster put it on 30 PSI in the Liquid in side and shake the heck out of it until it barely bubbles. Then put in back on normally (liquid to liquid, etc) and wait about 24 hours.... should do the trick. Thats what I do.

Just sitting it takes like 2 weeks to get fully carbed. Also as rycov suggested 30 PSI is closer to where soda should be (depending on temperature). If you want to carb it faster put it on 30 PSI in the Liquid in side and shake the heck out of it until it barely bubbles. Then put in back on normally (liquid to liquid, etc) and wait about 24 hours.... should do the trick. Thats what I do.

Make sure the soda is cold. If it's warm, you need more like 50 psi.

I don't shake mine, but if you chill it and set it at 30 psi and keep it there, it should be great in about a week.

This is great info. I was curious what everyone carbonates in (carny .. I am in the market and am trying to decide what to get

This is great info. I was curious what everyone carbonates in (carny .. I am in the market and am trying to decide what to get

Pretty much everyone carbonates in Corny Kegs. I have 8 Pin Lock kegs converted to Ball Lock Kegs.... and a 1 Gallon Taylor tank to use for test batches of beer and soda.

Having never gotten anything to carb in my kegs i purchased a carbonator. I am probablely too impatient. Who wants to wait a week for soda to be done?

Back