Name your shortest fermented beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fermentations usually only last 4 or 5 days, at least visually. With my pipeline as it is though, I usually don't even take a gravity reading for 3 weeks. If I had to push, I could probably go grain to glass in 10 or 12 days.

My fastest so far was a Best Bitter tending toward ESB that I kegged after 9 days and started drinking after 10. I was impatient since I needed to fill a keg for my kegerator. I used WLP002 so it finished out pretty quick.

I can turn around a cherry cider in about a week though - 3 gallons Grocery store apple juice and 1 packet Cote de Blanc yeast, let ferment out, then keg with pound of honey and a pint of sour cherry juice. The ladies love it.

I bottle my hefs in about 9-10 days. I like to condition them for another 10 if I'm able to keep everyones hands off of it.

I have brewed several Belgian singles (patersbeir) and English milds that started in 1.030-1.035 range and finished at 1.002-6. These tend to finish in 20-30 hours.
the mild I brewed last month had 1.25L starter of wyeast 1335 pitched at 62 and at 24 hours when I whent to ramp the temp up it was done. I let it settle for 2 more days and kegged a perfectly clear beer after 72 hours (although a little lacking in the yeast character department on account of the low temp).

I can brew a pale ale, around 1.054 that with a 2L starter and a good dose of O2, will be grain to keg in 10 days. I've had similar results with a bitter and a mild. I've suspected that several others were ok, but I've gone by the rule "it's done, plus one day", and waited.

I have brewed several Belgian singles (patersbeir) and English milds that started in 1.030-1.035 range and finished at 1.002-6. These tend to finish in 20-30 hours.
the mild I brewed last month had 1.25L starter of wyeast 1335 pitched at 62 and at 24 hours when I whent to ramp the temp up it was done. I let it settle for 2 more days and kegged a perfectly clear beer after 72 hours (although a little lacking in the yeast character department on account of the low temp).

Yup. Did a Belgian SMaSH last month, and the Belgian yeast I used tore through the 3 gallon batch in just about 30 hours. I let it sit for 10 days and then bottled. Turned out pretty good.

S-04 into a mild took about 3 days. Let it sit for 2 weeks, dropped really clear, and flat as tapwater in bottles so far, although its only been about a week. :( Fortunately it tastes great flat! :)

I had one finish fermenting in 3 days as most others have seen but I have a IPA going now and it was at a rolling boil during ferment for the first 5 days but the next 4 it is burping the airlock about once every half hour or so. It was using a liquid yeast that had both ale and lager strains in it.

Started a red ale with a S 05 starter. 1.049 on Monday, 1.009 on Friday.

Back