15 gallons bottled tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigsnake

Reaction score
The Belgium Pale Ale, Banana Fosters, and Christmas Ale all went to bottles tonight.

bottling3.jpg

bottling4.jpg

bottling5.jpg

The bottling setup
bottling1.jpg

bottling2.jpg

Taking inventory:
Fat Tire Clone and Barleywine at end of hall. Gallon of mead in closet. 5 gallon secondary is my room mate's brew. Everything I have in bottles is listed in my sig.
bottling7.jpg

Tucked away in the closet for some aging:
bottling8.jpg

Awesome!

I see I'm not the only one cheap enough to bottle 10g+ at once.

Bottles are just cheaper to come by right now and I think pretty convenient once I have them bottled.

Of course, I'll probably start looking into kegging after I move into my own place sometime next year... and assuming the job I have lined up is still there.

I bottled 13 gallons of wine today. I'm glad that's over! I spent almost 4 hours cleaning bottles, sanitizing, racking, filling, corking and then carrying to the cellar. Then, I decided to rack 6 gallons of rhubarb wine since I had everything all out. I cleaned one keg, and am now taking a break, having my first beer of the day. (I did "sample" some of the wines earlier, though).

I didn't even think about taking pictures- thanks for doing that. The pictures are great to see.

that looks like a lot of work. i've bottled a total of 11 beers(yes i cant count. i wanted to bottle a 12 pack, and i missed one)

i've been kegging everything, but that makes it way too easy for people to come over and just pour one, then i'm all out. i love your stock pile there.

very jealous over here

That is VERY impressive. I bottled 10 gallons once and was worn out.

I've gotta ask though, Belgium Pale Ale? Why not Belgian? Is that like India Pale Ale instead of Indian? I say Belgian because I'd say American or English Pale ale instead of England Pale Ale.

NICE!!! I like the bottle of Brother Thelonious in the background of the first picture. I frickin love that beer. (being a jazz musician doesn't hurt either) Also love the drum throne. :D

I bottled 13 gallons of wine today. I'm glad that's over! I spent almost 4 hours cleaning bottles, sanitizing, racking, filling, corking and then carrying to the cellar. Then, I decided to rack 6 gallons of rhubarb wine since I had everything all out. I cleaned one keg, and am now taking a break, having my first beer of the day. (I did "sample" some of the wines earlier, though).

I didn't even think about taking pictures- thanks for doing that. The pictures are great to see.

I really enjoy seeing other people's brewing operations. Gives me ideas for my own setup too.

That is VERY impressive. I bottled 10 gallons once and was worn out.

I've gotta ask though, Belgium Pale Ale? Why not Belgian? Is that like India Pale Ale instead of Indian? I say Belgian because I'd say American or English Pale ale instead of England Pale Ale.

I guess Belgian would actually be the correct way to say it.

NICE!!! I like the bottle of Brother Thelonious in the background of the first picture. I frickin love that beer. (being a jazz musician doesn't hurt either) Also love the drum throne. :D

One of my favorite beers.

I play guitar. The drum thone is actually from the set I have in the practice room here.

Tucked away in the closet for some aging:
bottling8.jpg

One of the few pleasures of bottling beer is getting to tangibly see your inventory by looking at all those individual bottles. Beautiful!

Oh, and I have the same frigidare D/W. It came with the other 3 appliances (oven, frig, micro/hood) at a Black Friday sale a couple years ago. People always think I have expensive stainless steel appliances when they see my kitchen. Nope!

Latest posts

Back