beer tools 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumbys_Brew

Reaction score
I've been using beer tools since version 1 and beer tools 2 just recently came out. It has all the great features of the previous version but with added online recipe storage along with udated and upgraded interface features. Love this program and definitely worth trying the free trial http://www.beertools.com/. Also i am not at all associated with the company other then a happy customer.

It's hard to tell from the beertools website what is different besides online recipe storage. How has the user interface changed?

really not all that much but they did update the graphics and added a calculator window that has different sections to calculate numerous things during a brew day. I.E. tons of different Mash calculations for sparging rates, infusion rates, strike temps, infusion rates, and a ton of other preset calculations. Added shopping list might be helpful to some. And overall better organization of recipes. To me I am happy with the update and can't complain Beer Tools Pro has always been pretty much dead on with the numbers it sets for my setups (once you calibrate your vessels and heating sources).

I have been using BeerTools for a few years now. Excellent Program. I hear people also like the current BeerSmith as well. I previously used an earlier version of BeerSmith until it crashed and ate my recipes.

If you are trying to decide ..... it is like - do you want the left handed hammer or the right handed hammer?

I have btp 1.5 and I was thinking of either switching to beersmith or upgrading. Not sure if the upgrade is a good value. Seems like it is $30 unless I am missing something. Might switch to beersmith for $20.

Actually it you're upgrading it only cost 13 bucks to do so. Not the full 30. Just log into beertools pros website with the information you purchased version 1.5 with and it'll give you the discount. That's what i did.

Actually it you're upgrading it only cost 13 bucks to do so. Not the full 30. Just log into beertools pros website with the information you purchased version 1.5 with and it'll give you the discount. That's what i did.

Thanks. He should promote the pricing more. I think a number of us are missing that key piece of info.

I received an email about the upgrade discount back in December. It may have been filtered to your junk mail.

+1on the $ 13.00 upgrade. Also it seems to run fine on Windows 8.1, if anyone was wondering about that.

THREAD NECROMANCY ALERT!

So been on hiatus for some time, and still running 1.5. Be happy to upgrade to 2.0, but how on earth do you get the upgrade version? (I only see the full version available) Was it a limited-time only type of dealie?

Back