hey YANKEE INGENUITY folks! (Green River BeerFest)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_bird

10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Glibbidy! Hippie! Vermicious! 2nd Street! ChillHayze! Kaiser! Evanmars! Everyone else that I'm forgetting... Boston folks, Connecticut...

Someone noted here https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=34952 that the Green River Brew Fest is coming up in September. Methinks this would be a great time for us folks to re-convene over in Greenfield, MA, for a day of eating, drinking, hanging out, etc. Let's take over the damn festival! I don't know much about the fest other than it's in a pretty central location for lots of folks.

Seems like this would be a great opportunity just to catch up with folks again.

Anyone else in?

Hey Bird! yeah, I am interested, the only problem I may have is an out of town job in waaay northern Maine around the same time, but I think it is the week before...

How was your southern sojurn?

Hippie

Looks interesting. I'll have to see what's going on that weekend but could be doable. Provided I get the wife to go and drive my drunken ass home.:tank:

I'm in. I already frequent this place for it's wide variety of assorted bottles. It's the closest place for me to pick up Stone Products (not sold in VT).
It's a pretty small place, but easy to get to in downtown Greenfield. Heck, I'll probably plan on riding my bike down to Greenfield that day, and have my wife leave the kids off with the in-laws.
I'll email Sam Calagione and see if he's going to be in the area that weekend.

There's no Stone in VT? I swear I've seen Stone Smoked Porter in Bennington (Beverage Den) :confused:

If you get freakin' Sam Calagione to meet us... well... wow. Just the fact that you COULD makes me envious!

I've emailed the good Kaiser, I don't think he's been on the forums in a couple months.

the_bird said:
There's no Stone in VT? I swear I've seen Stone Smoked Porter in Bennington (Beverage Den) :confused:

If you get freakin' Sam Calagione to meet us... well... wow. Just the fact that you COULD makes me envious!

I've emailed the good Kaiser, I don't think he's been on the forums in a couple months.

No Stone in VT. Michael Saklad assures me they are working on it.

If we can generate enough interest I can check in with the guys at BBC to see if we might be able to get a private tour of the brewery before the event, otherwise public tours are 1:00 pm Saturdays.

I'm definately in favor of a BBC-voyage, as well. I've been meaning to get over there some weekend, but have not yet had the opportunity. Private tour = MUCH cooler :D

I found the brewers they have signed up as of right now.

Tuckerman's,
Allagash,
Gritty's,
Smuttynose,
Longtrail,
Rock Art,
Harpoon,
Stone Mill,
Otter Creek,
Wolaver's,
Sebago,
Stone Coast,
Sea Dog,
Atlantic,
Green Valley Brewing,
Pennichuck,
Magic Hat,
McNeill's, ;)
Geary's,
Saranac,
Shipyard,
Casco Bay,
Red Hook,
Red Bridge,
Berkshire Brewing,
Offshore,
People's Pint,
Paper City

Count me in...I've already penciled it in on the calendar...hopefully I won't get shot down by the SWMBO...a LOT of birthdays at the end of September. She hasn't said no yet;)

A lot of breweries showing up for only the 2nd annual festival...should be cool!

This sounds tempting, but I will have to see if some locals want in, I don't think I can take another drive like the one to Glibbidy's. I got lost four times on a route I took almost weekly ages 18-25.

Vermicous said:
This sounds tempting, but I will have to see if some locals want in, I don't think I can take another drive like the one to Glibbidy's. I got lost four times on a route I took almost weekly ages 18-25.

Verm- that was a totally straight shot 101 to 9. Maybe it was the Russian Imperial Stout that steered you off course.:p

495 to 2 west. Dumps you right into Greenfield.
I figure 2.5 hours ish... You can stay at my house Saturday night. Pick up Kaiser on your way.

It was real stupid wrong turns too, going the wrong way on 89 and then the wrong way on 93. I'm surprised that I didn't pass through Concord and find myself back in Keene. It was a long, exhausting day of brewing and drinking. I wish I had more days like that.

Thanks for the offer Captain, I may have to take you up on that.

I haven't seen Kai on for ages, his profile say something like May for last time logged on. I'm hoping he pops back on again, if he does it would be a no brainer to pick him up.

It's tough to plan that far ahead with work, but it sounds like fun. I might have to hop on a train so I can actually have a few beers. Anyone from that area know if there's a station nearby?

I'm in. I'll have to check with the wife tonight and see if she wants to come over, too. I did see that tickets are available online from Ryan & Casey's website.

I was all lined up to attend and a last minute business trip has put the kaibosh on my plans.

I would like to mention that the International Beer Festival will be in Providence, RI this November. I was planning to post more info on it later in the month.

I would like to attend, but I need to get back on the road by 3:00 or so...

Any idea what time the brewery tour would take place and what time we would hit the beer festival?

568 miles is too... durn... far.... I'm still working on the teleporting technology, with any luck it will be finished by the next get together.

Have fun fellas!

Bumping.

Just shot an email to Ryan & Casey's, the event sponsor, inquiring about the family-friendliness of the event. Want to know whether we need to get on of the wife's friends to watch Cassie for the day. We should be able to go either way, just if we leave The Bean behind, we'll likely have to bug out a bit earlier than we would otherwise.

From Ryan & Casey's...

Hi Jay-

Hello ! You have brought up a great question. Do we want to turn this event into a 'family thing'? (because, as you know, if we do it for one ... we've got to do it for everyone.) I don't think it's appropriate to turn it into something that people bring their children to - the town ( and police dept. ) might think we're nuts.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a big drunk.

I hate to turn you away, sorry. ( I've got one myself )

How 'bout meeting your friends next door at Herm's for lunch or dinner?

Thanks-

Kristie

Ryan & Casey Liquors

Greenfield, Ma.

I'll have a talk-to with the wifey tonight and see what the plans are. We'll likely drop The_Bean off with some friends for the day, but again, that means we scootch out fairly early. :(

We will likely drop our girls at my in-laws house in Greenfield ( just blocks away from Ryan & Casey's). There is a possibility that we could organize some sort of small play group there.:)

This might involve bringing in one of our sitters to keep the mix balanced...Just a thought.

I should be all set for saturday... anyone know what time this thing starts?

Glib, did you setup the BBC tour?

Hey guys,

I'll be coming in from Pennsylvania for this one. Sounds great. Is it advised to bring lawn chairs for this event. My inlaws live in South Deerfield and I did the BBC tour in May. What a great facility they have! Def. want to check it out if your in town. It's great b/c the keep your glass full through most of the tour of your favorite BBC beer! Cheers

Back