American Wheat with Peach Extract?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmurph01

Reaction score
I currently have an American Wheat fermenting in primary. I was thinking about adding some peach extract to a few of the bottles during bottling to see how that would turn out.

My question is, would this be a good combo and if so, how much extract per 12oz bottle should I use?

Peach wheat beers exist commercially - OFallon Wheach, for instance. You could try to get ahold of that and see if you like it.

So far as quantities go, I would sacrifice 12oz of beer to experiment with just before bottling. Add the extract bit by bit and see where it seems to work best. Bear in mind the volume will go down slightly as you sample it, so taste sparingly. Might be best to try your selected amount on another 12 (or 6) oz just to make sure.

I figured they existed, just never tried one.

I was planning on setting 5 bottles aside for testing to see what will give me the flavor and aroma I am looking for. Thanks for the info!

I think peach is a great combo with american wheat. For some complexity, you might want to go half apricot half peach extract.

Also, listen to the Can You Brew It Magic Hat #9 show. If I remember, they added somewhere around 4oz apricot extract to a five gallon keg for that beer.

Back