Greetings from Philadelphia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljbrisson

Reaction score
Greetings to all. I'm 25 and work in legal services at a law firm in Center City Philadelphia. I live in Collingdale, about 30 minutes outside of Center City.

Let's start from the beginning. My Dad introduced me to craft brew by accident by infrequently partaking of a Saranac or a Beamish and allowing me sips. In high school I did not have much of a taste for beer. In college I generally stuck to Sam Adams and Saranac offerings (grew up in Albany NY), while I developed a special place in my heart for stouts, with Guinness as my favorite.

My craft beer hobby developed about the middle of last year, thusly:

Bored -> looked up random articles on Wikipedia -> looked up Guinness -> visited the "stout" Wikipedia page -> visited "beer styles" Wikipedia page -> visited BeerAdvocate website, listed as a reference -> discovered craft beer -> a few weeks later, tried my first Arrogant Bastard, obsession begins -> few months later, obsession subsides a bit as I note an inverse correlation between wallet size and good-new-beer trying -> decide to start homebrewing -> mother-in-law buys me a brew kit from midwestsupplier (best mominlaw ever) -> brewed my first beer (last Tuesday).

I also like chess, music, history, baseball (go Red Sox), and annoying my wife by playing the piano.

Go phils lol pickin on ya, welcome the great world of home brew need any help or got questions i will do my very best to help ya out. got most of my friends brewing now HA welcome, good luck, sit back and enjoy the fruits or your labor

Welcome. New here myself and just across the river from you, over in South Jersey.

Sox are coming to Philly in mid-June. Get your tickets now!

I dont know about your love of the sox, but its good to have you aboard. Welcome, from a fellow Delco Brewer (recently displaced to chester county..)

enjoy!

Welcome! Where in Center City do you work? I work in Center City at 20th and Market. Go Phillies! World 'Effin Champs!

Back