Barn wood kegerator remodel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldies

Reaction score
So after reading a lot of threads and looking at a lot of pictures I'm going to do a little remodel of my two tap kegerator. It can hold two 5 gal corny's with a 2.5 gal on the hump. I have a collar on it right now with my two perlicks and has served me well so far but my plan is to make it match our furniture so I can hopefully get it inside. Here is a picture of how its setup right now.

keg.png
[/IMG]

I just built our dining room table out of reclaimed barnwood from a tabacco farm in North Carolina, so that is the look im going for. Here is a picture of the table. Photo is a little washed out but you get the idea (And sideways for that matter, though I fixed that in "photosuckit" but I guess not)

table.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is the barn wood I was able to pick up locally as well. Its a little darker but the concept is still there.

keg001.jpg
[/IMG]

I plan on using the barn wood as my trim pieces with some tung oil on it to keep it natural and using possibly some stained birch for the other material. I have my platform built and will start on the sides this week. With 3 kids this project will be here and there but hopefully I will be able to get the sides built this weekend. I have a nice surprise that I'm going to be using for the Irish Coffin and plan on having 3 taps so I don't have to use my party tap for the 2.5 gallon corny.

Not much as far as progress goes. Just got the base built.

base.jpg
[/IMG]

My plan was to put the hinges on the existing collar but after some measurements I realized I needed to add about a inch or so the lid would sit flush with the collar. Since my existing collar in glued down nice and tight I decided I would just rip a piece and add it to the existing collar. I dont really mind the two pieces of wood since you will never see it unless your changing out the kegs. Once this "extra" piece is added I will be able to get my measurement to start building my side panels.

Back