Is this ok? (Stuff on my beer)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clskinsfan

Reaction score
Ok guys. I brewed my first batch 8 days ago it is an American Wheat Extract Kit. I have a sattelite sample to take gravity measurements and have been at 1.10 for 3 days straight. So I decide to have a look at my batch. Just couldnt wait any longer to see it. I open the top and see alot of stuff on top of the beer. most of the krausen seems stuck to the side of the fermenter. The stuff on top is lighter in color than the beer (see picture). And almost lloks like grains? Anyway just wanted to make sure this looks normal. Since I have consistent Gravity readings should I go ahead and bottle or wait a little longer for it to settle out. Thanks for the help everyone. Oh by the way the beer smells fantastic. Cant wait to taste it.

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/...ID=5403662074/a=49639457_49639457/t_=49639457

Sorry to make you copy and paste but I cant get it to work any other way. Thanks for looking!

I am trying to list a photo through snapfish but having problems. Will keep trying.

The picture isn't appearing, but from the description that you've given, my guess is that everything is just fine and that you're ok to go ahead and bottle.

I copied and pasted. Looks fine to me! That is just residual junk and I wouldn't worry about it at all. That beer is probably going to be fantastic. :)

Great news! I guess its time to bottle. I will let you know how it tastes. Thanks again!

yup...it's Fine, just don't bottle that junk on top. I would give it till the weekend to bottle though. I am just such a believer in letting beer have it's time at EVERY stage of the process....I mash for 90 minutes, I boil for 90 minutes, I primary for 14 day, and I drink DAMN FINE BEER.

OK Kahuna i will take your advice and bottle on Sunday. It just so happens thats the next day I will have some spare time...lol...

Back