Stone 10th Anniversary Recipe Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrb

Reaction score
Now, I am a self admitted hophead. I know that there are special 10 Step Programs that I can attend to address this problem, but I WON'T go there.

So, last night I had one of my Stone Brewery's 10th Anniversary Ales from last year, and it was beyond awesome. I would love to try and clone it somehow yet I don't really know where to begin. Do I just brake down and write the "Replicator" from Brew magazine? Not sure....... So I thought that I'd give you fine folks a try.

Here's what Stone's website says about the 10th Anniversary Ale:

“Stone 10th Anniversary IPA harkens back to our earlier Anniversary Ales, with abundant hopping at many stages of the brewing process. Appropriately, the aroma is over-the-top, with pronounced piney and resiny hop flavors combined with tropical fruit esters and more subtle notes of toasted malts and alcohol. Our Stone 10th Anniversary Ale weighs in at 10% alcohol by volume (perfect for a 10th anniversary beer), and has a little more color and malt character than our other IPAs. In addition to using the new Summit hop variety in the brewhouse to provide the powerful bitterness, we went back through our records and found some of our favorite hops over the years, and used them to flavor this brew, including Chinook, Crystal, and large doses of Simcoe in the dry-hop to provide a huge, complex, piney, fruity and floral hop character. This is a colossal beer, big in every sense: hoppy, malty, rich, and strong! Right up our alley.”

APPEARANCE:
Deep copper/amber with a light tan, dense head.
AROMA:
Really hoppy, with pronounced piney hop aromatics combined with layers of pineapple and mango tropical fruit.
FLAVOR:
Wow! Intensely hoppy, alcohol and bitter with some nice complexity provided by lightly roasted malt.
PALATE:
Full bodied, bitter, with some hotness from the alcohol.
OVERALL:
This beer delivers on everything-hops, malt and flavor! We hope everyone is as stoked about this beer as we were when we first tasted it.

Thanks for the help!!!

Mitch Steele (Stone's Brewmaster and BN Army contributor) shared this recipe in his book on IPAs! I posted my estimate of it by using Steele's guidelines and BeerSmith. The recipe I brewed turned out very nicely.

Can you post the recipe, please?

*EDIT* Just looked at your "recipes" tab, found it there. Thanks, and pardons!

Back