Heading West... What to bring back?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LowOG

Reaction score
Hey, I'm heading to Phoenix in a few weeks from New England and I'm hoping to bring a few things back we can't get here. Being an IPA guy Russian River would be amazing, but I understand they don't ship there. Anyone have any suggestions of what to look for that isn't available on the East Coast?

Thanks!

Hey, I'd like to give this a bump, any suggestions for bottles to bring back from AZ?

If you can get anything from Stone Brewery....get it. I don't think they make anything bad. I know my friends in the midwest wanted me to ship them stones all the time when I lived in SD.

You get New Belgium products out there? Every time someone crossed the big muddy divide They had to bring back Fat Tire until a couple years ago.

Thanks for the input! I'll definitely look for New Belgium, I've heard a lot about them, same goes for Kiltlifter. We have Stone and Laguanitas here, and I often pick them up :)

New Belgium has a beer finder on their web site.

I really like Avery Brewing as well, but I don't know what their distribution is.

Ballast point soon sculpin is one of my favorite ipas

If you can find Russian River blind pig is a must as well

Oskar blues makes awesome beers in a can

Deschutes is another great brewery if you don't get them east

Anything made by Firestone Walker.

+1
I recently had their Pale 31 and Union Jack and was blown away at the quality of these beers.

Here's a few I brought back from Colorado a few weeks ago. The bottles I shipped but the cans I threw straight into the checked baggage.

DSC00990.jpg

Take some of these snowbirds with you....:mad:

that being said, Four Peaks Brewing, Gordon Biersh are worth checking out for beer...

If you have a couple days, check out Jerome...cool biker hangout and a pretty great place to drink and be casual in a pretty eclectic area.

Or if you are into horror movie skits, check out Ajo, Globe, Surprise...

Cave Creak will be lively when you are here, check out Horny Toad restaraunt...they serve New Belgium, and last i heard monday nights were all you can eat beef ribs....AWESOME!!!!

If you can find anything from ska brewing. They're from Durango Colorado. Modus hoperandi is their IPA and it's one of the best I've ever had.

terrapinj said:
Ballast point soon sculpin is one of my favorite ipas

If you can find Russian River blind pig is a must as well

Oskar blues makes awesome beers in a can

Deschutes is another great brewery if you don't get them east

I am lucky enough that my hbm is the Ballast Point brewery/hbm

Tasters for a dollar are awesome, always try something bew

Btw look for Anderson valley if the have it

If you can get some of the Bear Republic stuff that is good.
Racer 5 Is a favorite of mine and everybody else too!

Dale brothers runnway ipa is good and Hanger 24 has some good stuff
you may find them in az , if not their worth the trip across the river to
find :)

Back