New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KBS clone. Yas.

KBS clone.jpg

Half and half DIPA and Big Coffee Stout... I called my friend crazy before I tasted it. But good lord it is awesome.

Never done it with an IPA but the local watering hole will pour ya Atwaters Java vanilla porter and Rochesters milkshake stout half and half and it's delicious

My recent Cherry Wheat with home toasted malt, El Dorado, pure red tart cherry juice, and Conan. Very dry, and a little tart.

20160905_181106.jpg

the first one is a session ipa (that just won a local homebrewer competitio:) )
the others is a a rye ipa (and the last one edited with prisma)

IMG_20160907_121436.jpg

IMG_20160908_120052.jpg

20160831_153557.jpg

b051b7554859885033efa05a7e7a8f932107_hb2.jpg

I drank the last of this batch of Smoked Wheat two nights ago -

My refrigerator was just slightly too cold, so the beer was a bit slushy; consequently, the clarity and head were affected. However it smelled great and tasted as good as ever. I am convinced that the use of the Bavarian yeast was a good choice, as it seemed - in my mind - to compliment the darker malts and hops as well as the wheat.

I did have enough time to snap this poor-quality photo:

Last%20Smoked%20Wheat.jpg

As I said, it was half-frozen; otherwise, the beer would be a LOT clearer, and the head would have been much better, I am sure.

This remains one of my favourites. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who has an interest in the various rauchbiers that are out there. The combination of rauchmalz and wheat is definitely a good one.

It's amazing what 5 months lagering will do. I really surprised myself with my Oktoberfest. Now tomorrow, to do some home made venison brats.

OktoberFest16.jpg

Back