Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TEBOW! yea i know I'm late. I actually really hate Tebow but I think he will be a good fit on the Jets. If nothing else he's a bit better than sanchez. Also, apparently the trade might not happen since the Broncos called up the Jets and said "Oh and BTW we also want 5mil too"

Looks like Benny is gone. Gotta wish him luck. I think the two young guys will have to step up. A bit more concerned about Mark anderson. He was good, not great, but about our only pass rusher after Carter went down. With Carter up in the air, we had better be drafting a couple studs early for pass rush. How lucky will those draft picks be, winning the Super Bowl their first year!

Oh, how sweet will it be to see the JETS fail.

Incidentally, anyone who thinks that NY wants to bring in Tebow to be their quarterback... sorry, wrong. You don't piss and moan over $5M if you think the guy's your starting QB. But, that's a lot of extra money if he's a RB/TE/FB/H-back.

Best joke of the day: "Surprising, Antonio Cromartie and Tim Tebow share the same values on a lot of issues. For example, neither believes in birth control."

Sparano created the wild cat for the fish, so there's that. New York would be brutal to play in, especially with the media scrutiny. Tebow could actully tear that team apart without doing anything. Just because he is the opposite of many in the locker room doesn't mean he can create a good locker room presence. Although, if he can walk on water...

Jacksonville would be more of the same. An embattled QB in Gabbert. The chants would start as soon as Tebow got off the plane. But at least Jacksonville has as good a defense as Denver...Right?

If he goes to NY, it's to play ~20 snaps as a hybrid RB/TE/Wildcat QB.

If he goes to Jacksonville, it's to be a starting QB. No quarterback controversy - the job will be his. If he sucks, so be it - they're a terrible team anyway, he'll get all the snaps and have every possible opportunity to prove guys like me wrong.

He goes to Jacksonville. He really doesn't seem to be a New York kind of kid.

.... or not. Apparently, Denver will now send NY a 7th-round pick, along with Tebow, for the #4 and #6 picks, and NY will repaid half the $5M. I love Twitter.

Huh. So, LawFirm really didn't get paid all that much - 3 years, $9M. Sounds like it might have been a little front-loaded of a deal (which the Pats could have handled). $3M/year is not that much for a solid, dependable back (even if he's a guy you use mostly in short-yardage/goalline situations). It's not like he's worn-out, either; he's four years into his career, but really only has about two years' worth of carries for his career.

Surprised the Pats didn't match that (you know Benny would have re-signed in New England if the dollars were the same). Gotta believe that BB really wants improved performance at that position, that he thinks last years rookies can provide more of a spark and still be dependable with the ball.

They've been talking about it, but I hadn't seen anything official. Seems like a dumb idea; how's he really going to work as an interim coach? Are the players really going to respond to a coach - ANY coach, even a Hall of Famers like Tuna - when by definition he's a lame duck? They'd be better off promoting any of the coordinators, someone who's still going to be around when Payton returns, and bringing in more help further down the chain of command.

I think they'll respond to him... Only because this isn't the Browns or something. The Tainteds are are good football team (although I guess we'll have to see how good now that they can't cheat anymore) and I think the players believe they can win... Even without cheating... If they want to win, they'll need to listen to him.

Sitting at a tavern drinking a 2fur sierra nevada torpedo. Steve Young is talking about Junior but volume is not allowed at this establishment. I'm curious to see how this unfolds. What was going on in his personal life etc. Sad though...

It's hard to understand. Man can be on top of the world. Have boat loads of $$$$ in the bank. Beautiful women. Outstanding career. etc.

And he offs himself????!!!! WTF????!!!!

Is there a lesson to be learned? Can we walk away with anything?

Now that the draft is over and OTAs are starting... I think one of the themes you're going to see start ramping up over the summer and certainly into the beginning of the season is how awesome the Pats are. They were once again cheated out of a Super Bowl win last year by a team that didn't even belong in the game and then this offseason... I mean... sweet Mary. They got effin' scary good. The only negative about how awesome the Pats are is going to be the increased back-lash from ignorant fans of other teams (and beeeeelieve me... there are a TON of them) who will sit there and try to either 1) deny how awesome the Pats are or 2) just toss up any drivel they can because the Pats will once again by the media darlings that they were a few years ago. It'll be all-Pats all-the-time and I guess I can see how that would make fans of other teams upset... having that constantly rubbed in your face would suck I guess. You turn on the TV thinking, "Oooo, maybe my team won't royally suck balls this year" and then all you see are all of the TV personalities just sitting there saying how no one should even bother because the Pats are so awesome. Except for Shannon Sharpe... who will be trying to grasp at any straws he can while doing his best MushMouth impression, trying to knock the Pats down a bit. I hate Shannon Sharpe. I wish the Hell's Angels would gang rape him.

That is all.

I think you are forgetting how fun it will be to watch the other 31 teams lining up to sign to incredible players that the Patriots have to cast off to get down to their final roster. Most of the Pats castoffs are better than the rest of the league's starters. With everyone knowing this I wonder if we will even be able to pick up any draft picks for these guys.

You know what would be extra-fun? If the Pats were able to keep all of the players that they'll inevitably have to cut, kind of like a JV squad. They'd then enter the NFC as the "Patriots II". It'd be wicked sweet to have an all-New England Super Bowl for a change.

You turn on the TV thinking, "Oooo, maybe my team won't royally suck balls this year" and then all you see are all of the TV personalities just sitting there saying how no one should even bother because the Pats are so awesome.

I already know the Vikings suck but at least I can keep rooting for my $hitty team instead of watching them move to LA. That's about the best I could have hoped for this off season.

I already know the Vikings suck but at least I can keep rooting for my $hitty team instead of watching them move to LA. That's about the best I could have hoped for this off season.

See?? This is what I'm talking about! You should just grab a number 12 pats jersey, get a faux hawk and go with it. Yeah uou'll catch a ton of guff from your friends at first but who would have the last laugh?!? You. You can just giggle and say, "that's right bitcjes!! You like that don't you!!" when the Pats roll.

I'm NC born and bred, and I hate all the teams(not the fans themselves) that are too well represented here in my state. People either don't like where they grew up enough to stay there(NE, all 3 NY, Pitt and Philly) or they are dumb asses who jumped on band wagons at some point(NE and Pitt again along with Dallas). The latter suck the most. YOU HAVE A HOME TEAM FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!

It may take a while, but all shall be saved by SUPERCAM!!!

CAM!!! WOOOOAAAAAH CAAAAM!!

does that stand for nobody cares?

hahaha! I crack myself up!

seriously tho, nobody gives a sh*t.
no hard feelings. no one cares about wisconsin either. not even Brett.
WTF... does anyone speak hillbilly?!? I have no idea what that dude was trying to say.
har har. I've never heard that from a yankee before. seriously though. you probably didn't understand my post because I graduated from an ABET accredited school, and have moved far beyond the middle school education you possess. Did you get a certificate or something from there? Is it in your drawah?

seriously though. y'all need to get used to this.
Cam_Newton_Superman.jpg

Back