Problems with last few beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemson55

Reaction score
I have had problems with 2 of my last 3 beers. Both the beers that turned out poorly have had a sort of soapy/astringent off taste to them. Also all 3 of them have been poorly carbonated. I have never had either of these problems with any of the other beers I've made. The only thing that is new/different for those 3 is that I started using IO Star no rinse sanitizer. I am wondering if I am mixing it to heavy or something. Which seems hard since the bottle has a built in 1 oz our spout but that all I can think of. I am planning on brewing up round 2 of my PB Oatmeal Stout tomorrow and I really dont want this problem to happen again, so any suggestions about what you think the problem might be would be great.

The only thing I got from that that I could have done wrong was maybe overhop. I did an APA and IPA on the two beers that turned out poorly and I put extra hops in both of them. The third was a Saison so it was lightly hopped.

Back