Moving on to my second batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerBeerMan

Reaction score
Hey guys -

I'm getting ready to move on to brewing my second batch of beer and had a question before I settled on the type of beer to try this time. My first batch was a wheat beer and it turned out "decent", and by that I mean better than I thought for my first time but not as god as I would have liked. So here's the question...

Should I try a wheat beer again, or move on to another type of beer...like a brown ale?

Thanks for any help or advice.

SoonerBeerMan said:
Hey guys -

I'm getting ready to move on to brewing my second batch of beer and had a question before I settled on the type of beer to try this time. My first batch was a wheat beer and it turned out "decent", and by that I mean better than I thought for my first time but not as god as I would have liked. So here's the question...

Should I try a wheat beer again, or move on to another type of beer...like a brown ale?

Thanks for any help or advice.

I would try that brown ale. I think sticking to easy beers that are not complicated to make is the best for new brewers. Learn the process and the procedures first before tackling more difficult brews.

Plus, you will be adding more types of beer to your refrigerator.

Good luck.

I agree with Gammon, try a brown ale. Keep with a few simple different styles till you get comfortable brewing then more on.

I'd try the brown. It can take a long time to get a recipe tasting just how you want it. I think you'll find the hobby more enjoyable if you mix it up a bit and just work on getting your process down better and better each time. Eventually you'll start playing with ingredients and getting things really dialed in.

Latest posts

Back