Thank you, HBT Members!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhill2625

Reaction score
I have been a long time lurker of these forums and have gained infinite amounts of knowledge by reading your posts. Thank you for sharing your experiences and making this place my go to encyclopedia.

I threw my first batch in the fermentation chamber on the 1st and it is happily bubbling away towards a bottled product. My first batch is a simple IPA extract kit and I have elected to dry hop it with 1 oz of whole Simcoe when it hits the secondary.

Thanks to the brew in my hand, I did make a beginner's mistake and forgot to dump the 1 lb of DME in there, but I think the 7 lbs of LME will do just fine. I took your advice, and I'm not going to sweat it.

Can't wait to brew my next batch, maybe a Porter.

To all the Newbies (like myself): The information is here, you just have to find it.

Thanks again!!

Cheers!

Welcome and congrats on your first batch. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We've all been there once :)

Search is a great tool and don't be afraid to pull up dead/old threads if they're relevant to your situation.

7 lbs of extract should get you enough fermentables to still have a decent beer. maybe a little lower in abv., but then you'll be able to drink more of it at a time, lol.

7 lbs of extract should get you enough fermentables to still have a decent beer. maybe a little lower in abv., but then you'll be able to drink more of it at a time, lol.

Roger that, Hogarthe! I realized the importance of pipeline when I recognized my mistake.

Back