Carbonated iced tea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isometric

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this? I made a tea using a bag of Twinnings four red fruits and another of strawberry mango infusion in 16 oz. of water and added 1 tsp. of brown sugar. Then I let it cool, put it in a 16 oz. soda bottle and put about one 16th of a teaspoon of bread yeast. I let it carbonate for two days. It tasted quite good, like club soda with a hint of fruity and yeasty flavors.

I just put down a batch of jasmin green tea. Very little sugar - only enough to get the yeast going. I'll post back on how it goes

I tried this with 2 bags green tea in 2 cups water for 4 minutes with 4tbsp white sugar and 1/6 tsp ale yeast. After 4 days, it was barely carbonated but what carbonation there was added a nice brisk flavor to the tea - pretty refreshing. I'm going to try it again when I get a chance. I suspect that green tea inhibits the yeasts' activity.

Has anyone tried this? I made a tea using a bag of Twinnings four red fruits and another of strawberry mango infusion in 16 oz. of water and added 1 tsp. of brown sugar. Then I let it cool, put it in a 16 oz. soda bottle and put about one 16th of a teaspoon of bread yeast. I let it carbonate for two days. It tasted quite good, like club soda with a hint of fruity and yeasty flavors.

I've done it before in a keg with just C02. Comes out great

Back