Group buy in Chicago #2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spreadsheet had been updated with some new participants. We're up to 36 sacks. Our target is 42 so we're getting close. I'm still waiting on one person who emailed saying they were interested in participating again but haven't received their order. A few other people may be adding to their orders. As always check for any errors.

Demon, I need to check the prices but there's a good chance I'd take some of the Crystal 60L or Crystal II. I'd be willing to take up to half a sack but preferably only a quarter sack. What brand were you looking at?

I can do a half sack, was thinking Great Western, but I'm open to another brand if you have a preference.

I can do a half sack, was thinking Great Western, but I'm open to another brand if you have a preference.

I wouldn't mind getting in on this Crystal either if neither of you wants to do a full half sack each.

Also, anybody interested in going halfsies on some Vienna?

Hops and spices like orange peel is not available to us otherwise I'd be stocking up Cascade and Centennial

I wouldn't mind getting in on this Crystal either if neither of you wants to do a full half sack each.

I will definitely go halfsies on a sack of vienna.

who is your question directed to? If me, I already unloaded some excess wheat that I have.

It was directed towards RC0032. In post #61, there was mention of interest in splitting a sack of wheat. My requirements for wheat are satisfied, but I have a friend who would take a half sack if additional interest exists.

Another person emailed me wanting to participate. With this person's order, which he still needs to confirm, the total sacks is 38. We're 4 shy of our goal. Does anyone need rice hulls? I'm willing to take 25# of them (these are 50# sacks) if anyone wants to split some with me. Rice hulls are good to have when you're brewing summer wheats.

It was directed towards RC0032. In post #61, there was mention of interest in splitting a sack of wheat. My requirements for wheat are satisfied, but I have a friend who would take a half sack if additional interest exists.
If we could go 3 way? I would take a 1/2 but that would last me a long time.

Another person emailed me wanting to participate. With this person's order, which he still needs to confirm, the total sacks is 38. We're 4 shy of our goal. Does anyone need rice hulls? I'm willing to take 25# of them (these are 50# sacks) if anyone wants to split some with me. Rice hulls are good to have when you're brewing summer wheats.
25lbs? 16lbs from last time will take me forever to use :drunk:

munklunk said:
I am also down to be one of the four people going in on a sack of rice hulls.

Ok, so far me and munklunk are in for a sack of rice hulls. We need two more people.

What do you want? 1/2lb of each? Full lb?

Anything else you want?

I'm thinking a pound of each of the Cascade and Centennial. I use S-05 quite a bit. Is it cheaper at niko than the LHBS? If it is I might get some of that also. I'm going to B&G either this afternoon or tomorrow so I'll scheck out the dry yeast prices. I'll get back to you by this weekend.

OK. We're at 40 sacks already. 2 more and we're there. I'd like to share some rice hulls with munklunk and 2 other people if possible. Also, for those of you who wanted to split crystal, Vienna or wheat you better come to an agreement soon...hell, I better come to an agreement soon with the rice hulls. Any takers for rice hulls...?

I posted too soon. We're actually at 41 sacks. I forgot to add someone's order increase. One more sack to go. Will it be rice hulls or a specialty malt like crystal? Almost there!

Samie I'd be willing to split the sack either 1/2 (Demon), 1/4 (you), 1/4 (me) or 1/3 each. Demon, do you want 1/2 sack or 1/3 sack?

Let's get this decided asap and I'll email bmason with the final decision.

Samie I'd be willing to split the sack either 1/2 (Demon), 1/4 (you), 1/4 (me) or 1/3 each. Demon, do you want 1/2 sack or 1/3 sack?

Let's get this decided asap and I'll email bmason with the final decision.

I can do either, if 1/3 is easiest that's fine with me.

would anyone object if I added a 4th sack to my order which would bring the total to 42 sacks?

Ok. technically we're at 42 sacks so mo more add-ins or new participants. Demon has graciously offered to give up a sack of rye if he can get his split order together with other people. if the split order doesn't materialize then he will keep his rye and we'll still be at 42. Demon, keep me posted on your split order. We did it! And it only took 18 days.

I'm thinking that we let people go over their orders for the weekend and change anything if they need to. If anybody wants to go in on a split with Demon please let him know. Come Monday we finalize everything and I ask for an RFQ. Then we get the ball rolling with collecting money and placing the order. Is that acceptable to everyone?

If this split we are trying to work out comes together you can take off my rye. That will free up one slot for you.

Are we going with the Great Western 60L?

If so, 1/3 sack works for me. Sorry for the late response on this, btw.

samie85 said:
Are we going with the Great Western 60L?

If so, 1/3 sack works for me. Sorry for the late response on this, btw.

I believe you're in on a couple of splits. Finalize with everyone and get back to me this weekend. I'll drop my bag of MO to make room for the splits. But email me the finals.

Back