Cell vs. Beer - Mythbusters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klainmeister

Reaction score
I'm sure it's an old episode that i just now discovered, but it's the episode where they test the myth about driving while chatting on your yap-box vs. driving intoxicated. After they did the test, it showed that being on the cell phone was equal if not worse than driving with a couple a drinks in you.

What are your thoughts on this? I've almost been killed a couple times by fake-blonde middle-aged women talking on their phones in their ridiculous SUVs. Anyone else kinda feel that it is dangerous and how do you guys feel about the new bluetooth capability to have your phone go directly into your car stereo?

I think if we all drove one of these the world would be a much better place.

beer_car_small.jpg

As for the mythbusters episode i recall it...not really a fan of the show...not really interested in the results.

In areas where cellphone records can be obtained after a car accident, a person talking on a cellphone is about 4 times as likely to have a serious accident, similar to the rate for drunk drivers. I see a lot of people breezing through stop signs, mostly yacking on their phones.

Saw one story where a woman continued talking on her phone as the firemen were trying to cut her out of the wreck.

Lord Sterrock Hammerson 8 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42
Saw one story where a woman continued talking on her phone as the firemen were trying to cut her out of the wreck.

LOL! Thats nuts. :eek:

You would be shocked at how common that is

Back