Don't - (breathe CO2 in a confined space)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benko

Reaction score
Don't stick your head way down in your chest freezer after your beer has been actively fermenting away for three days and take a deep breath.

Try that at the fermenter's at the Jack Daniels plant! You will be laying on your back.:cross:

This takes me back..... my very first batch was in primary about a week and I removed the lid to take a look. Seeing the "crud" floating I just knew that my first try was ruined. So I took a sniff above the pail but didn't really get any smell. So I stuck my head DOWN into the pail to take a better wiff and BAM! got a nose full of the CO2 layer that forms above the beer. Needless to say I don't stick my nose where it doesn't belong anymore.:drunk:

The beer turned out great, by the way!

Yeah, I saw the "Distillers Beer" fermenting. It looked like some yellow boiling stuff, but it was all CO2 bubbles. Amazing.

I've lived an hour and a half away from there for 10 years and just took the tour 2 weeks ago, it is an amazing operation. I would like to sneak 10 gallons of their spring water and try a batch with that.

My chest freezer has 5 gallons each of Edwort's Haus PA and Apfelwein fermenting away (it was tribute to the masters weekend). Needless to say......plenty of C02 in there.

My chest freezer has 5 gallons each of Edwort's Haus PA and Apfelwein fermenting away (it was tribute to the masters weekend). Needless to say......plenty of C02 in there.

i have apfelwein fermenting right now too.

flight of the concords is so funny.

Back