New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rye IPA 40% Rye

Cascade/Centennial.

almost syrup-like from the Rye, .

attachment.php

DAMN thats a lot of Rye! i bet it IS a little syrupy haha.

cant beat that cascade/centennial combo either. one of my all time favorites.

what was your hopping schedule if you don't mind me asking?

DAMN thats a lot of Rye! i bet it IS a little syrupy haha.

cant beat that cascade/centennial combo either. one of my all time favorites.

what was your hopping schedule if you don't mind me asking?

It's not a hop bomb, by any means. Wanted some restraint and I was curious to see what would happen with the grain bill. I love Rye flavor and was intrigued after watching Basic Brewing's 100 percent Rye experiments.

1 oz. Cascade - 15 min.
1 oz. Centennial - 15 min.
1 oz. Centennial - flameout
1 oz. Cascade - Dry hop

Estimated 53.66 IBUs

It's nice to see how low you can go for an IPA. It hit the appropriate IBUs and they were all late additions, so it tastes balanced, leaning towards the hops. I will typically use 6 oz. of hops total in an IPA.

The grain was just 4 lbs. Rye and 6 lbs. MO for a five gallon batch.

This is my Ag Imperial Cascade IPA. The first out of my new Perlick tap. Waiting in the wings are;
Plinian Legacy AG
Dead Ringer AG
So Impossibly Black Ale AG

image.jpg

This uses the same hops without the rye. Its a west coast Imp and two row. The hop blend with these two is amazing!

image.jpg

In the Snifter glass, my Citra/Mosaic Pale ale. Finished at 5.6%abv. Very nice flavor, mild bitterness and tropical fruit notes. Not a lot of hop aroma, tho. Next time, more dry hop.

In the Flight glass, same brew with jalapeño addition. Surprisingly good. Peppery and hoppy notes with balanced heat in the back. Medium body and peppery aroma.

2015-10-26.jpg

12191546_10205595294096646_6543391972609828162_n.jpg

View attachment 305714

IPA, a recipe I lowered the water by a gallon, and upped the hops. It's normally a easy summer drinker. Just felt like playing, came out ok and would brew it again.

Not a knock on the pic but the best thing about it is in the background. ;) Love my boxers and that reminds me of the best dog ever, Roxy who's now over Rainbow Bridge.

Latest posts

Back