Bazooka Screen Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoHeadsBrewing

Reaction score
I've got a bazooka "T" Screen in my converted sanke keg boil kettle. From the pic below you can see that I've got the "T" centered at the lowest part of the keg. I wanted to get the most wort out of the kettle as possible, but this configuration still leaves about 1/2 gallon or more in the kettle. I'm assuming this is from lost suction at the top of the 1/2" copper "T". That's 1/2" off the botton of the kettle...I'd like to change this.

Has anyone installed a T-screen in their keggle before, and how did you avoid losing this much wort? I'm thinking of moving the screen back towards the outlet so that I can tip the kettle at the end of the drain. However, if I can accomplish almost a full drain without touching the kettle this would be ideal. I'd rather do the "set it and forget it" thing; open up the ball valve and let it flow through the CFC unitl completely drained. Any ideas?

Pic of current configuration:
DSCF0157.JPG

Hmmm, I like the idea but...the screens are held on by some sort of metal clamp. Doesn't look like they can be reattached, but I suppose a spot of solder or some SS hose clamps would do the trick. Thanks for the tip!

I've seen these bazooka screens on sale before, but after seeing a picture, they look just like the 'Sure Screens' I get from Northern Brewer for like $7.99....

Back