• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

5 gallon Glass Carboys Jax, FL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmdubb23

Reaction score
I have 2 5 gallon glass carboys, both in excellent condition, includes original boxes and bung stoppers for both, one is made in Italy the other is made in Mexico. I got these with some other brew stuff I bought at a decent price. I have 5 other 5+ gallon fermenters. I am looking for $30 each. I would strongly prefer local pickup.

Wouldn't happen to have anything larger than 5gal you'd like to get rid of, do you? The bottom just gave out on one of my 6.5 gal buckets and I was planning to brew tomorrow.

I am also open to trades I am really trying to advance my keg setup, so If you have anything that would prove useful feel free to pm me.

Great, thanks! I have had my first brew in the primary for 5 days now. I guess if i don't find one, i'll just keep it there another week. I have heard this is OK, just not optimal!

l2yangop said:
Great, thanks! I have had my first brew in the primary for 5 days now. I guess if i don't find one, i'll just keep it there another week. I have heard this is OK, just not optimal!

Nope, it is BETTER to leave it in primary the yeast helps clean up the beer most only of us only use secondies for fruit, dry hopping, etc. Just leave it till your gravity holds steady.

That's basically how I use my carboys, dry hopping, fruit, wood... Etc, sometimes I will secondary a messy trub brew just to make yeast harvesting easier

Back