gas lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndhome1

Reaction score
I purchased a regulator and tank from a friend of mine that owns a gas company. When I asked about gas lines he said they must be rated for high pressure because a 10lb tank holds over 1800psi even though the serving pressure is low.

The lines that I have seen on websites, and on pictures from setups, looks more like low pressure clear plastic lines.

Which one is used. The high pressure lines and very expensive.:mug:

The tank pressure is usually between 600-800lbs at room temperature. You don't need gas line that can handle that sort of pressure though because your regulator brings it down to no more than 60lbs. and I can't think of any reason why you would need it even that high. The highest pressure I ever use is 30 lbs for setting new seals but usually I'm around 10.

This is what I use for my gas lines:

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/hoses-pid-548C.html

Yeah, the regulator is going to do its job and turn the pressure down low so high-pressure lines are not necessary.

If the regulator he sold you does not have a low-end guage it might be difficult to use it for carbonating beer. If it's application is welding then that's possible.

Back