Propane Lines for Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humblesea

Reaction score
I've been searching for awhile and am still having some trouble figuring out my propane lines for my stand. I have 3 banjo burners and want them to run off my 5 gal tank. I've seen that flexible yellow line but can someone point me to some links where I can buy all the parts? I've also had no luck finding the parts locally. Can I buy three of these Regulator Kit for Banjo Burner : Northern Brewer and modify the ends to fit on some tri-fitting to the tank? Any help is much appreciated.

IMG_1132.jpg

In this photo you can see the gas manifold with 3 yellow valve handles.
P1010880.jpg

This photo shows how to mount the manifold to the material you built your stand from, which just happens to be the original purpose of the strut.
P1040120.jpg

Thanks, I don't see anything on your website for this. You are located in Concord? I might be able to come through there sometime around 12/27 if you are going to be around and I haven't figured it out yet.

This is the stage I'm at with my new brewstand as well.

You should be able to get one regulator for the whole thing, one gas valve for each burner (from HD or Lowes) and the requisite fittings. I'm going to use flexi gas line from the black-pipe (which you can also get from HD/Lowes) to the burners themselves.

When I went to Home Depot they basically told me they couldn't recommend anything due to liability issues so they recommended me to look online. I could probably get the black-pipe from HD and gas valves. But the lines from the black pipe to the burners I probably need to get online.

I'm looking into this right now as well. However I plan on using a jet burner and want to replicate Bobby's setup. You lose the ability to alter the height of the burner but at first, that doesn't seem like a problem to me. I can always rig it another way later. This just seems the most straightforward way of doing it.

Screen shot 2011-12-13 at 1.49.12 PM.jpg

When I went to Home Depot they basically told me they couldn't recommend anything due to liability issues so they recommended me to look online. I could probably get the black-pipe from HD and gas valves. But the lines from the black pipe to the burners I probably need to get online.

look at agrisupply (LP GAS HOSE ASSEMBLY - Agri Supply)

they can't recommend due to liability issues, but you can find the parts you need there. . .

You only need one regulator. Connect your regulator between the tank and the manifold and use ball or needle valves where you have regulators now.

The propane hoses are from here:

Propane Hose Assemblies - Product - Camping World

They have 3/8" flare connections. So I have these jets screwed into my burners:

High Pressure Propane Jet for H205 | MoreBeer

Then at the other end, I have needle valves, these:

FNPT / MPT Needle Valve Brass Fitting

I bought 3/8" male flare to 1/4" MNPT converter at Home Depot to connect the hose to the needle valve.

The needle valve screws into a 1/4" FNPT to 1/2" MNPT coupler which screws into the iron pipe.

Then the rest is just iron pipe fittings to a gas valve from Home Depot finally to the regulator that I took off my Bayou Classic burner.

So I made a little drawing with the parts I can use, plus some various fittings and the black pipe that I can get from Home Depot.

Fitting from tank: BRASS PROPANE QCC1 FITTING - Agri Supply

To black pipe: LP GAS HOSE ASSEMBLY - Agri Supply

Black pipe to regulator: HIGH PRESSURE REGULATOR 130 LB. #140 SET - Agri Supply

Regulator to burner: LP GAS HOSE ASSEMBLY - Agri Supply

Can I order these parts and get the rest from HD?

I have 3 regulators on mine like in your drawing. I did it that way because I already had them but now I'm thinking about using one and then adding 3 valves. I'm like to see the needle valves people are using, I don't like the regular on/off valves because you don't have much control.

I'm looking for a little help on this as well. I have the black pipe and have it run back to my propane tanke. I picked up gas ball valves from lowes. Will those work? Also, I ordered my burners from agrisupply but they have not arrived yet. Do they come with the jets? If not, where can I pick them up? I'm supposed to brew Sunday. Thanks.

Shop BrassCraft 1/2" x 1/2" FIP Straight Gas Ball Valve at Lowes.com

This is the size you want unless you use an adapter or a custom hose with different size ends.
The cast iron burners use a 3/8" FIP fittings

You need a hose or pipe assembly from your valve with a 1/2" female flare on one end and a 3/8" female flare on the other.
HosewithValve.jpg

Hosewithburners.jpg

I think we are talking about different things. where do I get the fittings in your picture that are attached to the burners?

Sorry,
If they did not come with your burners they can be purchased here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoppy,

Thanks for your information. I am in process of finishing off my burners and your input is spot on with what I have been researching.

Back