Plan of action needed, beer needs to be ready in three weeks.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detz

Reaction score
I racked to the primary on Wed and it's going full throttle right now. My plan was to have this ready to bottle/drink on the 15th of July so what should be my plan of action? Here is my plan..what should I change(if anything)?

- Let it sit in primary until the 7th of July.
- Rack to corny/fridge and set pressure to 11PSI @ ~40 degrees.
- Let it carbonate for 8 days and hopefully it will be fully carbed.

Should I let is sit longer in the primary or in the keg?

It's a basic summer ale extract kit.

Instead of doing 11PSI for 8 days, try 30 PSI for 2 days, then turn it down to 11PSI for the rest of the time. Should be drinkable after 7 days or so.

A. Make sure your ferment temps are under control. proper temps mean the beer will taste better sooner.

B. Let it sit in the primary as long as you dare. The 7th would work, personally i would wait until that weekend, 8th or 9th.

C. Keg the beer, and chill it until it's in the 40's. Then hookup the C02 to 30PSI like weirdboy said. Set the regulator back to 11PSI after 36-48hrs, and purge the keg of the excess C02. Let it stay there until the 15th.

I rushed my first keg after I got my keg equipment. It was a coopers stout extract kit. I had it in primary for a week and racked it to a primed corny and let it set a room temp. for a week. I put it in the frig on day 15 and pulled a warm glass before I hooked up my gas, it was carbed pretty good butt a little foamy. It was good,I drank a couple glasses warm. I let it chill 24hrs and hooked up my gas and started drinking it. It took a couple days to get my pour to settle down, I think because I used the full amount of priming sugar. After that I started using half the amount for a five gal. batch and it worked out well. That keg didn't last much past the third week from brew day.

Instead of doing 11PSI for 8 days, try 30 PSI for 2 days, then turn it down to 11PSI for the rest of the time. Should be drinkable after 7 days or so.

This is how I do it every time I keg, time constraints or not. You will get carbonated beer on the 2nd day for sure, but it will be much more even and better 5-6 days out from that, but def. do the 2 days at 30.

Two days at 30 means I need to do it the 5th since I'm going away on the 8th and wont be able to set it back. That means it's in the primary for 13 days..is that better than leaving it in the primary the extra two days and letting is sit at 11psi the entire time?

Latest posts

Back