True brand beer dispensers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Cazador

Reaction score
I need some decision making advice . . .

I'm interested in getting either the True TDD-2

TDD-2.jpg

or the TDD-3

TDD-3.jpg

ovbiously they hold 2 and 3 1/2 barrels accordingly, but does anybody here have experience with them to know how many corny kegs each would hold? Or is there a general rule that for every X 1/2 barrel kegs, you can fit X corny kegs?

Thanks

I have a perlick 3 keg system that looks about the same size as yours. If I wanted to pack it full I could fit 14 corny kegs into it. 2 x 7 this also allows me space for me 10# tank to fit inside as well. Bottom line, with either you will be able to fit a bunch of cornys.

I am still working on getting new faucets. My perlick has three towers instead of two like the ones in the pictures and I want to have three faucets coming out of each for a total of 9 on tap. This will allow me some room to cold lager a few cornies while i serve others.

How much are you paying for your unit?

The True units are great. I know that you can get them at restaurant supply places, but they're not cheap. Unless you brew beer by the truckload, I can't imagine you'd ever need anything more that the two drawer one.

I'm an HVAC service tech and I can tell you that True makes some of the best equipment available at any price! Having said that though, be mindful of where you will install this. It is a commercial grade unit, and as such, it is very loud when the compressor runs. Not an issue if is outside or somewhere that you don't mind the noise, but I wouldn't put it anywhere near the TV room.

John

John

thanks for the advice! Are they any mfg'ers that are quieter?

This is for a pub/brewery at work, so it would be enclosed by a bar counter which should muffle any noises. I'll post up some pics when it's done. The room (500sf) has been under construction for about 3-4 months.
I'm using a 2100 sculpture from More Beer, so I'll be brewing 20 gallon batches, so I want the ability to have room for a lot of corny's. Plus we'll have a keg of Guinness and maybe 1 other 1/2 barrell in the cooler. I'm actually leaning towards the TDD-4 or BevAir 5 keg dispenser.

I'd like to have the towers set with 3 or more faucets, can you request it from the dealer or is it a standard single faucet?

Back