So now I'm kegging, check my shopping list for me please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nugu

Reaction score
Long story short, I hadn't planned to start kegging. I just wanted 4-6 to store away in case I changed my mind (and the keg scare actually played out) but I ended up getting 10 kegs.

Anyways, now that I have so many I may as well keg, have a spare fridge too. If you would I want someone to double check my shopping list and if possible make money saving/time saving recommendations.

The plan is to have 2 kegs in the fridge with cobra taps. 1 co2 with one pressure set split 3 ways (2 way vs 3 way was 7$ extra and allows the expansion option). What I'm having the most issue figuring out is the regulators, I get how they work and what the gauges read but am I missing something regarding the brands? (Chudlow is 10-15$ cheaper than the other brand kegconnection sells)

The main question is, did I leave anything out or can I find anything cheaper? (Aware of finding a co2 tank locally, but for ~65$ after shipping the new tank isn't that bad - other than needing to find a place that fills and doesn't swap tanks)

(Will buy hose clamps locally)
1x CO2 Beer Regulator, Double Gauge, 5/16 Check Valve, Chudnow $39.95
8 ft Hose, Gas, Red, 5/16 ID, 9/16 OD, Per Foot $0.59
1x 5 LB CO2 Bottle, Aluminum $64.95
2x Draft Party Faucet, with 5 foot Line and Cornelius Connection $23.90
2x Disconnect IN (Gas) Ball Lock, Barbed End $11.90
1x Air Distributer - 3 Way, 5/16" Check Valves!

ESTIMATED TOTAL $190.55 (incl Shipping)

If I don't respond it's because I need to go to sleep then work 10 pm to 7 am.

I would go longer on your beer line. Go longer. 10-12 feet will give you better results. There are several threads on length of beer line, and it does make a difference. I started too short and had to drink a lot of foam until I lengthened those lines. Also, I would look into getting a 20# CO2 tank rather than the 5#. Four times the gas and it usually only costs around $10 more to fill the 20# than the 5#. The added expense will pay for itself.

eventually you'll also want some keg lube, but where it comes from is up to you.

2 Keg Basic Keg Kit, Dispenses two kegs at once! (Separate Check Valves!)
Brew Logic Triple Tap Draft System with 3-way gas manifold :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

$164.95 No Kegs (Kegs Removed)
the only thing thatis has, and yours doesn't is a 2way, rather than a 3way, for $25 less.....

I am sure either of these vendors can modify their systems to provide you any changes to their systems you desire (Obviously you don't need any more Cornies)

+1 for keg lube, and some spare orings.

Does the draft party faucet come with the black ball lock disconnect? (they don't at my LHBS). You need two black (liquid) and two grey (gas) for the 2 kegs. Also, don't forget the hose clamps. Some of the gas connections will need nylon washers and some you can use pipe tape. Whomever you purchase from should let you know.

I maybe on to a co2 tank locally. The guy doesn't seem to know anything about it. So far I've managed to get that 11/07 is stamped on it but I can't get a size yet.

I completely forgot about Midwest and didn't check there. Seems like they have some of the best kit prices. I think I may end up just doing a Midwest kit now depending on if the guy on CL has a tank >5 lbs or if he wants too much for a 5 lb.

Thanks for all the help.

you don't have kegs on your list.

I got the two keg system from minus the 5lb CO2 tank which I will get at the local welding shop for much cheaper. I think it was under $150

I went with the 2 keg setup with a 20 lb co2 tank for 295$ (incl Shipping). Locally they want 140$+tax (~150$) just for a 20 lb tank. May not be the best price online but I save some vs parting out. (Plus a lot of confusion since I've never kegged)

Now I'll have 12 kegs lol, but at least this way I won't have to refill as often (It'll be a hour 1 way drive then back)

Back