would you keg this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yewtah-brewha

Reaction score
I have an Ale in my secondary, its been there since 2-15. The only thing that tells me no, is that there is still some co2 being produced, This is batch #5 and I have not seen this beforre, It's almost as if carbing it isn't going to be needed, or else its not finished.

started this on 2-9 OG 1.042
transfered to secondary 2-15 gravity at that time was 1.012

total of 13 days fermenting, I will take a gravity reading in a while, but whant to get some feed back,:rockin:

Keg it.... if you dont like the way it tastes, wait longer until it tastes good. Kegging is very similar to secondary. I have had beers that post secondary I put in the keg and wait until it tastes good before I serve it to people.

1.009- 1.010

tasted the Ale, I think its ready. no off flavors, but cant really taste the orange. this was an orange ale. I added zezt from two oranges 15 minutes from end of boil. it had quite a bit of head.

Keg it.... if you dont like the way it tastes, wait longer until it tastes good. Kegging is very similar to secondary. I have had beers that post secondary I put in the keg and wait until it tastes good before I serve it to people.

Thanks Ill do that. should I force carb it so I can enjoy a few tonight?

Thanks Ill do that. should I force carb it so I can enjoy a few tonight?

I would rather drink flat beer than risk over carbing another keg myself. I learned the hard way with the very first keg of home brew that it is better to just be patient.

If it taste good and the gravity is stable, keg it. If you have any doubts about either, give it some more time.

at that grav, keg it. it's ready. as far as force-carbing, you could, but can you force-carb and chill it that quick? i'd force-carb tonight, chill it overnight, and drink tomorrow. doing that myself right now with a hefe :D

Back