Ithaca flower power

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Datgreenstuff

Reaction score
Hey does anyone have a clone to ithaca flower power? Id love to brew this. Extract or all grain doesn't matter

Go to their website they lost their grains and hops also there is a clone recipe on this site if you search it. I brewed it once and it was a good beer, was it close I have no idea as we don't get Ithaca here in Michigan.

I wouldn't say it's hopeless but I've been trying to clone that beer for 3 batches and I came nowhere even close. My last attempt I used 14 oz of hops in a 5.5 gal batch and I still didn't even approach the level of grapefruitiness they seem to accomplish with that beer. If I had to guess I'd say they're using massive amounts of whirlpool additions as well as running it through a hop rocket/randalyzer/whatever. This is may be best left a mystery. I will say that if you're gonna use honey malt be very conservative. Also I don't think 2-row is the base malt. I used 2-row and less than .5 lb of honey malt and it came out WAY darker than flower power. I'd bet it's pilsener and a touch of honey malt. Good luck.

Back