Brew Day set for tomorrow. Founder's Breakfast Stout Clone, Suggestions??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oceans11_gt

Reaction score
So tomorrow I'm going to be brewing the common Founder's Breakfast Stout Clone recipe that is found both on here and on BYO. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions or issues that they have run in to when brewing this clone? I know it is a fairly common beer to clone so just trying to avoid any issues that there may be beforehand. Thanks!! :tank:

I used half as much coffee as listed in the recipe and for me it's still a little bit heavy on the coffee taste. It's mellowing as time goes on. All in all it's a great recipe and I've been enjoying it immensely!!!

I used half as much coffee as listed in the recipe and for me it's still a little bit heavy on the coffee taste. It's mellowing as time goes on. All in all it's a great recipe and I've been enjoying it immensely!!!

Agreed. Less coffee.

If all goes well you should end up with a beer that looks like this. Have fun!

image.jpg

I don't really mind the coffee taste in the original but maybe I'll dial it back a little so it's not overpowering the whole beer. Thanks guys!

Back