So...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunchtime

Reaction score
Ok, so you are drinking a beer late at night...You fall asleep with half a beer left. When you wake up, do you drink it out of principle or just dump it?

Depends on when I wake up........................

If it's after 7 AM (daylight) then no. I drink coffee. But before that, it's still dark. Therefore, it's not morning. So, drink the beer.

Depends on when I wake up........................

If it's after 7 AM (daylight) then no. I drink coffee. But before that, it's still dark. Therefore, it's not morning. So, drink the beer.

...and if it's a coffee stout?

8 hours from bottle to throttle. So depends on If I have to work.

You must be in the military! thats the only place i have ever heard this expression!:off:

to answer the question though, it depends on what kind of beer and how long i was asleep for. there are too many variables for me to straight answer this one! :rockin:

It's more a matter of principle...I agree mainly with it depends on how long I was sleeping. A few hours and I'll still drink it, so as not to dump beer.

There is no "depends" on this issue for me. If I want a beer I'll go to the kegorator and use one of my 4 taps to get a fresh beer. I'm not going to waste my time drinking something old, warm and flat. Nor would I wake up and fire up the half of cigar I didn't feel like finishing the night before.

I've been known to dump half a keg a perfectly good beer after getting tired of it just to make room for something else. This is a hobby and not just some way for me to get wasted on the cheap.

I'm not 18 anymore so I hold no qualms about "wasting" beer.

This is something that I piss myself off about. If I have a large glass of beer left over from the night before, I will put it in the fridge, and that night I make myself drink that before I get to have any good beer. I am trying to quit filling my glass for one more when I should have just went to bed.

Pour it into a pan, set on stove, reduce by half, pour over icecream or oatmeal. Never waste good homebrew.

There is no "depends" on this issue for me. If I want a beer I'll go to the kegorator and use one of my 4 taps to get a fresh beer. I'm not going to waste my time drinking something old, warm and flat. Nor would I wake up and fire up the half of cigar I didn't feel like finishing the night before.

I've been known to dump half a keg a perfectly good beer after getting tired of it just to make room for something else. This is a hobby and not just some way for me to get wasted on the cheap.

I don't like you...

I've never had this happen. If I feel like I'm going to fall asleep I hurry up and chug whatever is left in the glass... I don't let beer get warm or flat.. Unless it's a style that tastes better a little warm.

Dumpseys. If I fell asleep at the beer I obviously don't need any more, and it's hard enough trying to drag myself upstairs.

I agree. If I need more beer, I'll just pour some more or brew some more. I'm not a fan of waste, but there's no need to settle.

It really depends on the beer. If it's a thunderweizen, I will not dump it..because that's a great morning beer, even if it's warm. I don't drink domestic mass produced beer, so it always pains me to dump out that little bit I didn't drink from the night before :(

This thread made me think of a funny story that happened to my wife stemming from a left over beer on the nightstand.

So it's December in Montana, and all of our belongings are floating in the Atlantic from the Netherlands, so the only thing in the house was an inflatable mattress, two empty cases of moose drool used as nightstands, and a coffee maker. I had to be up and ready to do an early morning jump and three day FTX at 0300. The wife wakes up at about 0530 and sees a half full beer bottle on the "nightstand." with bleary eyes she takes a big swig only to learn that's what I was spitting my cophengen into while I laced up my boots and organized my tac vest. I'm just glad I was out of the house for three days, for enduring the wrath of an angry Irish woman after swallowing her husband's dip spit is not my idea of a good time. Needless to say she dumps any left over beer bottles left lying about. Me, I usually dump the bottom of the glass because it's too warm and flat, so a bottle left out gets tossed, or spit in, as well.

Back