Would a sandwich prep table make a good kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bovineblitz

Reaction score
I was looking at restaurant supply auctions and these look like they'd be really easy to convert.

everestmegatop.jpg

3.JPG

They can get as cold as 35 degrees typically so I don't see any reason they wouldn't be a good option.

Thoughts on this?

edit: typical specsheet (links to pdf)
http://www.restaurant-equipment.us.com/images/stories/PDF/BEVAir_SPE_Line_specs.pdf

i was looking at them as well. i can get a pretty good deal on them. someone on here said that the compressor is loud. i tink that was the only drawback.

I'm the general manager for a restaurant and I am currently building a similar style into a bar that I acquired for free. I removed the angled lid and built a flat top. The only issue I have is the overhead clearance through the doors is tight. I have to lean the keg when putting it in or tap it once it's in. The good part is I can fit 8 1/6 barrels!

I'm the general manager for a restaurant and I am currently building a similar style into a bar that I acquired for free. I removed the angled lid and built a flat top. The only issue I have is the overhead clearance through the doors is tight. I have to lean the keg when putting it in or tap it once it's in. The good part is I can fit 8 1/6 barrels!

That is the type of build I was thinking about, seems so simple and easy. I was thinking it'd be cool to have the top like this:

39938338.jpg

Then you could have the top flip up on either side of the taps for putting kegs in and out which would eliminate the loading issue, plus the cold air loss would be minimized since it opens from the top. The doors would be really nice for taking crash cooled carboys out without stirring up yeast and for cleaning.

Hm now that I think about it, the hinges would be really ugly plus I'm not sure how you'd get a proper seal... just having the tops be removeable could work just fine.

Back