Made a Blow Off tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xjncoguyx

Reaction score
Ok so i went with the airlock for primary, luckily it wasn't a huge volume so the airlock didn't get clogged. Although the next one might, so i wanted to make a blowoff tube. I saw someone else did this but wasn't sure if it would be bad for the beer. I took the extra racking cane, held it over a torch until it was pliable and bent it to form more of a U shape so i can stick it in the stopper and it will run parallel down the side of the fermenter into a solution. Now my question being some of the plastic melted while i was doing this, but i made sure it was still sealed and then threw it in the freezer so it would take shape. As long as i clean it inside and out you think i will have any issues?

i think you will be fine .... personally i'm a fan of a food safe rubber hose attached to a cut off racking cane.

Sounds good - very inventive!

I use the crook of a racking cane (cut off) and then attach a tube to it.
I figured it would be fine because i didn't do anything to change the makeup of the cane. I'll post a picture when i get home. :rockin:

Back