pseudo pyment ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dopplebock

Reaction score
hi,

i've been experimenting with 2 liter batches and have a few questions.

10 oz honey
1 can white grape concentrate
1 1/4 cup sugar.
star cuvee yeast, and nutrient.

all jokes aside, what would you call that? what qualifies something to be called a pyment? - all i can say is that after only two weeks it all seems to be going well. it's a bit hot (abv) but seems to be heading the right direction.

I guess what i am after is a correct definition of this concoction. would it simply be: "wine with honey added?" a "honey wine?" what do you call it?

even though it's only 10 oz honey in two liters of liquid - it has a distinct honey taste and aroma thus far. but i'm looking for more body... should i add another can of concentrate on the next batch and just skip the sugar? (i do want to keep a similar % abv.)

many thanks!

Since most of the fermentables are from the honey, it's a mead more specifically a Pyment which has added grapes. According to the BJCP style guide.

thanks for the reply.

so 10 ounces of honey is more fermentable than 11.5 oz grape concentrate, and
1-1/4 cup sugar combined? i would have thought just the opposite. anyway it's starting to be tasty!

hmmm... let's rehash that statement above in a question:

is 10 ounces of honey more fermentable than 11.5 oz grape concentrate, and
1-1/4 cup sugar combined?

Back