Beer line cleaning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumber

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyones opinion is about their favorit line cleaner pros and cons. Just got a get set up and I am looking for pointers on line and faucet cleaning. Thanks.

I bought the kegerator cleaning kit from AustinHomebrew and love it. I also made sure to get the extra recommended line cleaning brush as well. I know a lot of people just use a spare keg, but I don't have any I could dedicate to cleaning.

Every once in a while, usually after cleaning a keg, I run an oxyclean mixture through my lines. I follow that with water. It doesn't take long at all, so I probably should do it more often than I do.

I put about a gallon of dilute oxyclean in an empty keg and wash out my lines that way. Chase it with some water (again in the keg), and then a shot of Starsan from the keg.

I put about a gallon of dilute oxyclean in an empty keg and wash out my lines that way. Chase it with some water (again in the keg), and then a shot of Starsan from the keg.

That is my exact procedure too, but I just bought some BLC for the occasional heavier duty cleaning.

Back