What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Courtesy of Hello. Well balanced, hoppy-ish red, but it's got that onion thing going on that I'm not too fond of. This might be my last one. I decided not to get completely trashed. I figure I can salvage the day that I was planning on using to hunt to scout out a new spot without having to worry about ruining someone else's hunt by traipsing around the woods all willy nilly.

Home brewed wheat beer.

image-2946227774.jpg

Nuke, thank you. It was so good! I'm embarrassed about my pumpkin now.

Okay so Whatttt? I've had a hard time finding a vanilla porter that really showed the vanilla side of things. A lot of great porters are drank but still the vanilla eluded me. This is damn fantastic. Thank you so much finsfan! View attachment 163415

Although it is technically a stout, I agree :D Glad you enjoyed it as much as I do! I really need to stock up on those so I can have some throughout the year :mug:

Brooklyn Post Road Pumpkin Ale.

We don't normally get much pumpkin ale in the UK so I haven't drunk much before. It's OK.

ForumRunner_20131201_145638.png

Although it is technically a stout, I agree :D Glad you enjoyed it as much as I do! I really need to stock up on those so I can have some throughout the year :mug:

I looked for that in rapid city and couldn't find it. I only found the regular buffalo sweat.

Drinking oolong tea. Heating strike water for what was going to be 2nd brew yesterday.

mhurst111 said:
Coffee, waiting for strike water to get to temp.
What are you brewing?
finsfan said:
True. I wrote porter and often say porter but did mean stout. I don't know why I say porter in place of stout so often.

Coke with a bacon buddy because I needed to fry up the left over bacon from Thursday before it went bad.

mcbaumannerb said:
You think that will benefit from aging? I've got four in the cellar and am leaning toward giving them some time.
I don't know. Might mellow the yeast character a bit?

If I had a four pack I might drink one or two now, then come back in six months or so for the rest.

I looked for that in rapid city and couldn't find it. I only found the regular buffalo sweat.

Some palces dont receive their seasonals. If you got zombie monkie tho you should be able to get the vanilla

True. I wrote porter and often say porter but did mean stout. I don't know why I say porter in place of stout so often.

They are so close to the same style with no real technical difference, its pretty much interchangeable. I was just givin you a hard time tho :D

I stopped in at Smith's and I didn't see it there. but my brother said that Boyd's on 8th St. has a huge selection now, I haven't been in there though.

I know you had zombie monkies so you should be able to find some

Some palces dont receive their seasonals. If you got zombie monkie tho you should be able to get the vanilla

They are so close to the same style with no real technical difference, its pretty much interchangeable. I was just givin you a hard time tho :D

I did see Zombie Monkey at Smith's, but just the regular Buffalo Sweat. I'd probably be able to find it in Mankato and definitely up in the Cities, but Rapid City is still developing its' taste.

There was a liquor store I went to a couple months ago and got buffalo sweat, velvet rooster, and ethos. I was gonna look there this time, but I couldn't remember where it was.

Yesterday was so much fun, I'm doing it again.

image-4174416928.jpg

Farmhouse pale ale. I upped the bitterness a good bit. Tasty beer. 1.038 OG and close to 5%, but has great body. This half has some bugs and critters, other 5 gallons got a fresh dose of jp and hb dregs.

Imported Point Brewery (Wisconsin) IPA. To be completely honest, not my favourite beer ever but interesting to try.

Latest posts

Back