Please Talk Me Out of It

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankjconway

Reaction score
I'm usually pretty patient, but I have an Austin HB Supply Pliny clone that I bottled 11 days ago. Sampled some at bottling, and even then I was surprised that the beer was fairly balance despite the 17oz of hops. Anyway, 11 days in the bottle and I'm tempted to put on in the fridge for tomorrow night's Red Sox game. I'm drinking an IPA now that I was patient enough to wait 3.5 weeks for. I'm not usually like this, but I'm getting the urge. What would you do? It's only one bottle.

I'm usually pretty patient, but I have an Austin HB Supply Pliny clone that I bottled 11 days ago. Sampled some at bottling, and even then I was surprised that the beer was fairly balance despite the 17oz of hops. Anyway, 11 days in the bottle and I'm tempted to put on in the fridge for tomorrow night's Red Sox game. I'm drinking an IPA now that I was patient enough to wait 3.5 weeks for. I'm not usually like this, but I'm getting the urge. What would you do? It's only one bottle.

Drink one! If it is good... drink some more!

I want to get one of those electric dog collars for myself. I will program it to shock when I reach for beer before it is ready. I bottled an APA on 3/18, and I now have 3 22 oz'ers left.

Its an IPA man, the fresher the better...cool down two

If you enjoy flat beer have at it. It won't be carbed.

It COULD be carbed... but probably not. -but everyone ends up drinking a few flat ones just to see, especially your first few beers. I had my last wheat beer pretty well carbed in only 9 days.

but three weeks is almost always better... yaddah yaddah yaddah.....:mug:

+1 to putting it in the freezer 8) I know were all supposed to wait the recommended amount of time and all that but hell, if its drinkable then drink it. I nearly always end up trying at least one before I should, just to see what its like and to let me know what to expect when it is ready. Losing one beer to allow me to sleep at night seems worthwhile to me :)

how about if it was bottled sunday......could I try one? It was my first AG and I'm curious.

This sunday? Maybe give it until at least this Sunday. But if you want to try it the worst that will happen is it wont be carbed yet and will taste sweet/dead.

Back