Beer Fest Suggestion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geckholm

Reaction score
I'm going to an Ale Fest on Saturday, a lot of brewers, but I want to try some beers I have not had before...so here is a list of the ones that will be there and I have not tried there brews yet, can you provide thumbs up or down if you have tried them? (I am limited to 15 beers....)

Arcadia Brewing
Barley Island
Boulevard
Bridgeport
Central Waters
Chicago Beer Company
Church Street
Cisco Brewers
Flesk
Four Horseman
Furthermore
Harpoon
Hinterland
Hopothesis
Kentucky Ale
O'Fallon
O'so
Pig Minds (Great name!)
Sixpoint
Southern Tier
Ten Ninety
Three Angels
Trummer
Tyranena
Uncommon Brewers
Unita
Widmer

Thanks!!!!:mug:

Not sure how much choice you have. Central waters is good, I love their Satin Solstice. Furthermore's Fatty Boomblatty is pretty good. I recently had Hinterland's Whitecap white IPA which was awesome. I like Kentucky Bourbon Ale (if that's the same brewer), but I know a few people who don't like it.

I would suggest Cisco, boulevard, and of course Southern Tier.
Had a good Cisco trippel the other day and they make great Vodka as well. I haven't tried it yet but someone told me that they float their porter with their vanilla bean vodka at the brewery and its supposed to be outstanding.

Wow, I can't believe I've only tried two on your list. I really like Bridgeport. Widmer; not so much.

I had a Boulevard Wheat just a couple of days ago. Outstanding warm weather beer.

I have some Sixpoint 3 Bean Porter at home. Smooth, full, rich. Very good.

Uinta Sea Legs Baltic Porter - maybe the best porter I've ever had.

Southern Tier for sure. As a picky bastard I can say i have never had a less then damn good brew by em. Can't say for sure for the other guys.

In no particular order

1. 5 Rabbit
  2. Boulevard Brewing
  3. Bridgeport
  4. Central Waters
  5. Cisco Brewers
  6. Flying Dog
  7. Firestone Walker
  8. Furthermore
  9. Green Flash
  10. Greenbush
  11. Hinterland
  12. Southern Tier
  13. Ten Ninety
  14. Three Floyds
  15. Uinta

Can't wait.

RacingRam said:
Not sure how much choice you have. Central waters is good, I love their Satin Solstice. Furthermore's Fatty Boomblatty is pretty good. I recently had Hinterland's Whitecap white IPA which was awesome. I like Kentucky Bourbon Ale (if that's the same brewer), but I know a few people who don't like it.

Yes, Kentucky Ale brews Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. They also brew Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout and the brand new Kentucky IPA. All of it is great stuff and recommend making that one of your 15 stops.

Yes, Kentucky Ale brews Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. They also brew Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout and the brand new Kentucky IPA. All of it is great stuff and recommend making that one of your 15 stops.

hmmm....may be tricky. Will need to figure out which ones of the ones I've had before to cut. Thanks!

I'm from Naperville too, it kills me that I'm not gonna be able to go to this. I have to support the SWMBO in a race she's running. Oh well, I'll be at the Midwest Brewers fest in Plainfield in a month, you should check it out!

FWIW add Uncommon- I didn't know they made it over that far. They are local for me and they are interesting if nothing else. Plus the dudes are pretty cool. They had a bacon brown that was much more successful than Rogue's VooDoo Doughnut bacon maple beer. I still don't like bacon beers but of the limited varieties I have had, they did as good of a job as you can expect.

I'm from Naperville too, it kills me that I'm not gonna be able to go to this. I have to support the SWMBO in a race she's running. Oh well, I'll be at the Midwest Brewers fest in Plainfield in a month, you should check it out!

I'll have to add the fest to my things to do if I can list. I got gifted a couple VIP tickets to this one, no way my wife would say no to free!

Well, I got some good news, apparently I'll get to go after all! Should be a fun time, haven't been to a tasting in a while.

Harpoon's summer ale is an example of a kolsch. It's not too bad on a hot day.

Boulevard brews some good beers. Just wish i had access to more of their line here on the east coast.

thumbs down to harpoon, widmer, and sixpoint. While some the brews from these breweries are ok none have anything memorable that I have tried.

Unita's Hop notch IPA is definitely worth getting a sample of. I had that recently and enjoyed it. Hopothesis IPA was good too. Firestone Walker wasn't on your list on the front, but if you haven't had them, all three of their beers they'll have there are good. I'll have to use some self control not to use my tickets on them. They are my favorite brewery, but I've had all three. The Boulevard 80 Acre is solid too.

Looking forward to see what 3 Floyd's, Ten Ninety and 5 Rabbit have. Can't wait for the brewery's I have never tried before.

Bramstoker17 said:
Some real good beers out there today! Best of all, a number of them didn't mark off one of my tickets!

And a lot of over pours! Had some really good beers.

If you can, the Midwest Brewers Fest in Plainfield is on Aug 24. A lot of the same breweries, but you get 20 or 25 samples. Plus, they have a homebrew tent which is cool.

Latest posts

Back