Santa's Butt Winter Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ayrton said:
Article

I'm trying to imagine how many of the labels around here would be considered "undignified or improper."

Rhoobarb's avatar comes to mind

image.php

There are probably a lot of beer labels that could be considered to "Appeal to children" One i can think of off the top of my head is the Tommy Knocker brand that features Dwarf cartoon characters. Maybe its not sold in Maine either.

I would have to agree with the MCLU on this one. Plus it just doesn't make sense at all to me. i could see how if a child had money and could legally buy alcohol, then the cartoonish label could definitely influence them and sway them into buying it.

But since most children don't have money and can't buy alcohol anyways, why does it matter if there is a cartoon on it? Is having a different label going to really dissuade children? When I was a kid, I wanted to try beer, not because of the label, but because all the adults drank it. (I did try it and I though it tasted like ass when I was a kid)

I don't know who these legislators think they are kidding. They are not going to prevent kids from being curious and they are just screwing over beer manufacturers.

Back