New to brew ...Chocalate Bock Cycle /Lager???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codsmith

Reaction score
I ordered a very great brew kit from AHS (Austin Homebrew Supply) named the chocolate bock.

I don't have a lager fridge but live in Chicago and it is getting warmer this time of year. ( I know wrong time of year, but I'm just now got into homebrewing and really love bocks!!!!). They gave me lager instructions or room temp instructions. I went with room temp instructions just to not mess up fermentation because I wasn't totally sure about basement/closet temps. They stated 1 week primary and 1 week secondary (????, don't think so)

However, everything else I have read is different.

My real question is:

Should I transfer out of primary to secondary after one week or should I wait longer? (I personally think 2 weeks for this type of brew, but not an expert and want advice)?

Welcome!

You'll want to let it finish active fermenting in the primary. Meaning, you'll want to let it settle right down, basically no airlock activity, before transfering it over. Two weeks is a good start and woud likely be sufficient but until you're there you won't know. Could go longer but only time will tell.

Basically you'll get a good beer and those variations on ferment temps will give you different flavor profiles, etc. Jump in and give it a try.

I just ordered the same chocolate bock from AHB and found this thread. How did it turn out ?
I haven't brewed it and was wondering if the room temp gave it any off flavors.

Latest posts

Back